Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Snetterton, Norfolk

SNETTERTON, Norfolk

• 5 Stars out of 5 Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 3 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 2 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 1 Stars out of 5 Stars

• Total voters

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Please review this Trackday Circuit on this thread........

Snetterton Circuit
Norwich,
Norfolk NR16 2JU

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/snetterton/circuits/snetterton.asp

snetterton.jpg

A great little circuit, it's the location that make it a complete pig to get to. I did a February trackday and was anticipating the worst as the rain was blowing in from the North Sea but arrived at Snetterton to find the circuit drying extremely quick.

The Corum Curve just cries out for you to try it faster and faster. The right then left at Russell had me sideways a few times but just right for the blast down the Senna straight.

Very enjoyable and well worth it!

Coram is one of the fastest corners on any UK track and the Revett straight is one of the longest with a handy escape road in case you find that 90 is too fast to turn into the Esses (ask me how I know :oops: )

Seagull said:
Coram is one of the fastest corners on any UK track and the Revett straight is one of the longest with a handy escape road in case you find that 90 is too fast to turn into the Esses (ask me how I know :oops: )

When I was up there last year doing the advanced driving course with Palmer's mob, there was someone in a Dodge Viper. He managed to go off there at a claimed 150 mph :shock: He went home on a space saver wheel after depositing a lot of oil in the pit lane and needing a change of trousers, well, I don't recall them being brown at the start of the day anyway!

Quality open circuit, I did my first ever trackday here back in 2002 in a 1996 993cab. I span 3 times in total and for this got blacked flagged and sent home. Loved it though.

I'm not surprised Ghost. I bottled turning in at 90 when I boiled my brake fluid braking from 145. :oops:

Deepak Madan said:
Quality open circuit, I did my first ever trackday here back in 2002 in a 1996 993cab. I span 3 times in total and for this got blacked flagged and sent home. Loved it though.

Never driven it but on my list to try, although How long does it take to get up there from London ?

Its a long long way, a couple of hours from your place. Ideally you want to be driving up there in convoy to brighten the drive up.

Sean Edwards driving an Ultima with lots of Porsche cars on track, so kind of still sticking to the Porsche theme

Sundeep said:
Henry from 911virgin show's us his Race Craft at Snetterton :)

At 3:03... after lap after lap of staying ahead, a nice little encouragement to get that pesky red/silver GT3 out of the way! :lol: :hand:

snetterton.jpg

Today was the first time in several years that I went back and drove Snetterton. The weather was dry.

starting from the start/finish, Riches Corner is a fast 3rd gear double right hander where you drive down the middle of it missing the 1st apex, but aiming to clip the 2nd apex for the run out. You brake hard for Sear corner and take it in 2nd gear, powering out with contingent run off if you over cook the entry. THis brings you onto Revett Straight where in a GT3 you can see 150mph as you approach the overhead bridge.

Down into 3rd gear for a late apex left hander into the Complex (or Esses). Just as you finish the left hander, you are still braking hard as you clip the left hand rumble strips as you change down into 2nd gear... you need to brake hard enough to turn in and make the right hand apex as you power out towards the Bomb Hole. The Complex/Esses is very much about timing, and it's easy to miss the brake/gearchange/turn-in point for the right hand exit. As a driver, you're very busy as you need to make 2 down changes from 150mph alternating the gear change with the brake pedal and change of direction as you flik-flak left then right.

As you approach the Bomb Hole, the track falls away and to the right. The car wants to push wide (understeer) as you enter the Bomb Hole because of the crest, but the car settles as it compresses through the apex. The approach is 3rd gear, and depending on the driver/car, you probably have to lift...

This brings you towards Coram - a fast but long right hander at over 100mph - which you approach pretty much through the middle. If you turn in too early, you run out of track on the exit... and this can end you up spinning across the grass on the exit towards a very large mud bank... driver beware! Coram sort of reminds me of Blanchimont at Spa... you wanna go fast, but too early an apex and you'll be a passenger... :shock:

Then you're braking hard into the Russell Bend chicane which is taken in 2nd gear. Clip the right hand side rumble strips before turning left for the drive uphill on Senna Straight and the start/finish.

Different parts of the circuit are slightly bumpy requiring concentration or a well balanced car.

A quality race circuit that is easy to remember, but quite challenging to go fast and eak out valuable seconds...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back