Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spa Francorchamps, Belgium

SPA FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium

• 5 Stars out of 5 Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 3 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 2 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 1 Stars out of 5 Stars

• Total voters

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Please review this Trackday Circuit on this thread........

the home of the Belgium Grand Prix...

Route du Circuit, 55
B-4970 Francorchamps
Belgium

http://www.spafrancorchamps.be/index_eng.asp

The circuit has recently undergone various changes as conform with modern F1 GP standards, as a result the track design at the Bus Stop through to La Source has changed. The 1st image is the new track design.
Spa_Belgium.jpg

This image is the old track design, which all reviews prior to May 2007 will be based on.
spa_francorchamps.jpg

User Review-1 said:
Fantastic enjoyable circuit. Testicular fortitude required to do Blanchimont flat. Rather U than me.

User Review-1 said:
The nuts.

Only been once so far in the 3.2 Club Sport.

Eau Rouge is very intimdating at first, but not as difficult as Rivage to get right. Pouhon is fabulous. Blanchimont flat out - well it was in the Clubbie, but in a more powerfull car it must be pretty scarey.

What can you say about this circuit, simply nothing anywhere compares to Spa. The atmosphere and the scenery are one thing, the history and complexities are another.

Eau Rouge, the recent F1 filming didn't show just how just how steep Eau Rouge is and how things can go disastrously wrong when you lift off in the wrong place.

Love it, if you have to do one track day in your life make Spa that one, nothing comes close.

A lap Following Damian in his old 996 C4S on his way back to the pits on a very wet day at Spa back in 2006

Ah yes, you gotta love Spa... probably the finest race circuit in all of Europe. That trip above was epic! It's worth noting that the video above was of the old Bus Stop (Chicane) going left-right-left: the new layout has the Bus Stop simply going uphill right-left.

Since Spa is high up in the mountains, it lives in its own microclimate where it can be raining or shining from hour to hour.

Here is another lap of Spa (old layout) last year in the PE:

Eau Rouge is the defining moment of Spa that challenges you in a way no other does. Stefan Bellof tragically died in the left hand wall through Eau Rouge, and Raidillion dares you to keep your foot in as you crest Eau Rouge. Rivage is the never ending right hander that is a test of nerve as to when you get on the power again, whilst Pouhon is my favourite double left hander that you arc in a graceful single turn with both power and speed ever increasing. Bloody marvelous. The exit of Stavelot sees you aiming for the house and although Blanchimont 1 (B1) can be taken flat, Blanchimont 2 (B2) really does take balls of steel to be taken flat... a very gentle lift before turn in and gradual power through is sufficient, but be careful to not run out of room on the exit! (ahem, Butzi! :wink:)

Spa is a circuit that tests both aero and power. Set your suspension to full stiff, and head for the hills...

Spa in my GT3 RS in High Def:

Circuit Days event on 1st April 2009. Wonderful place.

agtlaw said:
Spa in my GT3 RS in High Def:

Circuit Days event on 1st April 2009. Wonderful place.

hi agtlaw..
i would be very great to see your 911 spa crash pictures,...
great informative link shared here useful one for many others who needs this kind of stuff,...
i appreciate this effort,..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back