Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number plate silliness

uuf361 said:
Tim Storey said:
uuf361 said:
I've got proper (e.g. pre 73 or whenever it was) plates on both my cars...one came free with a car some years ago and means nothing to me. The other one I bought only last month and again means nothing to me, but I think they look good on the cars - all down to personal choice but I was never spending huge sums <£500 so not a huge 'waste' of money and if I decided tio get rid of either would not lose a lot if any at all.......

Scott, didn't you change your name to match your number plate too? :lol: (royalties to viz for that joke...)

Well Dave has some versions of my name to fit both plates, but none of them are printable on such a 'family' site :lol:

What did you get in the end to go with Ugly Ugly F*****??
:lol:

Rob J said:
uuf361 said:
Tim Storey said:
uuf361 said:
I've got proper (e.g. pre 73 or whenever it was) plates on both my cars...one came free with a car some years ago and means nothing to me. The other one I bought only last month and again means nothing to me, but I think they look good on the cars - all down to personal choice but I was never spending huge sums <£500 so not a huge 'waste' of money and if I decided tio get rid of either would not lose a lot if any at all.......

Scott, didn't you change your name to match your number plate too? :lol: (royalties to viz for that joke...)

Well Dave has some versions of my name to fit both plates, but none of them are printable on such a 'family' site :lol:

Harsh, but :lol:

Rob J said:
uuf361 said:
Tim Storey said:
uuf361 said:

The letters FN - Dave has already come up with something suitable (in his opinion! :wink: )

uuf361 said:
The letters FN - Dave has already come up with something suitable (in his opinion! :wink: )

Wot a surprise!

I have a few, and had a few over the years, are they worth it is so subjective, what I have owned over the years:-

D11RKE can spell DURKE, DAR KE, DARKE

wish I had never let go with the car, seen it for sale since for upwards of £3,000

S4DSJ, purchsased for £250 from DVLA for an S4 Avant, sold it with the car, looked better than the plate that was on it

B20STN, which whilst not perfect says BOSTON, in a fashion, purchased for £250, now worth at least £1250, valued at more, but being realistic.

H11DSJ, which I purchased many years ago, as it was the closest I could afford to 911 DSJ, and my initials, unfortunatelly to hard to turn into that, but have kept for sentimental reasons, probably only worth £100

and

my favourite,

GT03 DAZ, which does exactly what it says on the tin, cost £600, and money well spent, same as my good mate GT03 ROB,

Are they worth it, probably not, however in real terms, i do not need a GT3, X5, A4 Avant and Golf R32, but hey consumption drives the world, go figure

Andy Sulston said:
I saw M15 SPY on a DB9 about 2 years ago. That one stuck in my memory as being pretty cool.

Not sure about that- I think a James Bond plate on an Aston is trying a bit too hard...

Speed Freak said:
i do not need a GT3, X5, A4 Avant and Golf R32, but hey consumption drives the world, go figure

Yes you do! 8)

Liz's grandfather has 272 PAR... I may look into buying if off of him..

Don't mean sod all to me, but hey ho ! Should look ok on my baby.

Daniel said:

...I'd say get GT03 DAN.......but then you've got a Mk1 & can't..... :p

another advantage of Mk2's... :lol:

Rob J said:
Daniel said:

...I'd say get GT03 DAN.......but then you've got a Mk1 & can't..... :p

another advantage of Mk2's... :lol:

Oh.. Oh.. Funny !

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, new Toy has
845 KNO
on it which will have to be replaced with my own cherished reg. some time soon.
No silly cost so if anyone is interested then please PM me?
(and yes moderators, I'll post in the 4 sale section sometime soon :oops: )

BTW, nice to come back and see that topics on private plates still attract such high numbers of comments

Out of interest I just looked at the DVLA site. Seems that even they are trying to stiff 911 drivers. A three letter name followed by 911 is over double that of any other number combination and the same name.

I thought i had a great plate when i purchesed v1 ncw as my name is vincent white. I put the plate on the car space the w out V1 NC W it looked great but the police have stopped me and fined me 3 times so i have now had to put it back.

I thought they would have better crimes to solve. But who knows when my gear link broke a few weeks ago and i was stranded in the middle of the road blocking the traffic they drove past pointing and laughing saying look at that porsche broke down i could not believe it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back