Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust out of Alignment

uuf361

Daytona
So, cleaning my car last week while on hols and noticed something rather odd about the exhaust........the tips appear to be out of alignment :cry:

Not sure how much but enough for me to notice. Think it is the left exhaust tip (as you look at the car) is poking out too much.

No extra noise, no rattles and b4 anyone suggests I have not backed into anything (and the parking sensors would help with that too.

Any thoughts ?

Anything to worry about ?

Exhaust alignment on the 911 is a common challenge. There are 2 things which can be adjusted...

1) the exhaust tip can be adjusted

2) the 'zorst backbox can be adjusted back/forwards as it sits in a kind of frame

To adjust the backbox, you really need the car up on ramps to get access to the bolts holding it in the frame.

There are a lot of 'zorsts which don't line up perfectly no matter how much adjusting you do.

That makes me feel slightly better although up til now mine had been perfect.

What could have caused it ?

I know the roads in N Ireland were bad but wouldn't have thought they'd have managed to shift it.

Thank you Polar for showing me the light. I will not look at my exhaust tips. Then I will not know if they need this elaborate alignment.

The tips on my Alpina use to extend quite noticeably after a good drive.

They are like testicles, one hangs lower than the other. However these Porsche cars can be re-aligned with a socket set to move the shiny tailpipe fore or aft ;)

Damian said:
They are like testicles, one hangs lower than the other. However these Porsche cars can be re-aligned with a socket set to move the shiny tailpipe fore or aft ;)

That sounds way beyond the limits of my technical expertise, so I'll just leave them and try not to think about them!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back