Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm Immob not locking/unlocking Passenger Window Fuse

BEN C4

The alarm I have on my car has a remote fob and it has just stopped locking and unlocking my doors, I now have to do this with my key. Interestingly, the internal switch in the central console locks and unlocks the doors but my key will only unlock the doors and lock the drivers door, it does not lock the passenger door.

Is there a fuse gone somewhere? Or does anyone know what might be wrong?

Help please!

Ben

I think if I could fix it so when I lock the car with the key the passenger door locked too, then that would fix it. But I don't know if there is a fuse I should be checking etc.

Help!

Ben, here are my thoughts but I can't say for sure if they'll help.

I guess many of us now have a completely different alarm and immobiliser system to what the car originally had. Hence why you're not getting many replies. It would be difficult to point you to a fuse because the aftermarket alarms probably all have them in different places in the car. I for one don't know if my Thatcham Cat 1 alarm has a fuse anywhere.

Since you're central locking button is working, my first guess is that there is a problem with the fob and would start by changing the battery first. If that doesn't work, track down the manufacturer of the alarm and get their input.

Cheers Boxsey.

Alarm and fob aside though the key isn't locking the passenger door. I think if I could fix that then the aftermarket fob would work. The battery in the fob is not dead as it is able to send the signal to arm and unarm the alarm, it just isn't locking or unlocking the car.

I'll post more detail as and when I get it fixed.

Thanks.
Ben

Damn that link gets confusing.

I think I'll be taking mine to the place that fitted the alarm!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back