Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Announce Limited Edition Cayman

Wonder why they stole the 997TT wheels? I think I would have preferred a set of 19" black/gloss Carerra S wheels instead. Graphics in poor taste.

~ Maxie

I'm loving the look of the black with TT wheels and also the alcantara interior...not so sure on the graffix but hopefully they could be removed.

I had a look at a (hardly) used basalt black Cayman S last week but i'm still hankering after a 911. I can stretch to a 997C2s but my head and heart says hang on a while longer and buy what you really want 997 GT3

OK maybe missing something but what exactly is the point of this car other than a marketing excersise?

Ian.

"The Cayman S 'Porsche Design Edition 1" standard equipment thus includes an elegant briefcase containing the Flat Six Chronograph, a pocket knife, a pair of sunglasses, a pen, and a key ring – all in black, even the knife blade, in keeping with the vehicle's styling. The number of Cayman S 'Porsche Design Edition 1" units is to be as exclusive as this series-production luxury package: only 777 are being built, and each will be identifiable from a badge on the lid of the glove box. "

Says it all.

The next ones will be :-

Gulf oil colours with free oil changes for life

Yellow with yellow leather and a free banana bag

Painted like the GT1 lemans winner from 1998

Rothmans racing colours like the Bell Lemans 962 with free ciggies

any other offers?

Very good Stevo. :lol:

IMO, this Cayman looks really chav with the Porsche Design graphics. They should sell loads in Romford. :wink:

My first thought was no no no on so many levels

but then

I agree with Seagull - it will keep the twats out of our beloved 911s

I think it was Clarkson who called this the coxster IMHO he is right again.

Stevo said:
The next ones will be :-

Gulf oil colours with free oil changes for life

Yellow with yellow leather and a free banana bag

Painted like the GT1 lemans winner from 1998

Rothmans racing colours like the Bell Lemans 962 with free ciggies

any other offers?

How about a Cayman Loadsamoney edition, limited to 1988 cars, in Guards Red, with limited edition Filofax, porsche design red braces, and a massive mobile phone.

May be a Porsche Design 'Stirlings' Edition in a few years time, The bonnet will need repainting for stone chips, cheaper to take the rest of the stickers off at the same time and make the car look tasteful at the same time

I do wonder if Porsche is about to go the way of BMW and flood the market with cars,
Exclusivity gone for ever?
UNLESS your air cooled, thank fully for you guys I'm restoring these 993's at ever increasing cost, its hard to make a profit from them. but they should be around for many years to come

mark pearce said:
May be a Porsche Design 'Stirlings' Edition in a few years time, The bonnet will need repainting for stone chips, cheaper to take the rest of the stickers off at the same time and make the car look tasteful at the same time

I do wonder if Porsche is about to go the way of BMW and flood the market with cars,
Exclusivity gone or ever
UNLESS your air cooled, thank fully for you guys I'm restoring these 993's at ever increasing cost, its hard to make a profit from them. but they should be around for many years to come

Thats always good to hear :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back