Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Tyres

Marcus Quigley said:
I recently put Michelin Pilot Sport2 N2 on the rear of my C4S (£490 Event Tyres) and it's become very steerable from the rear, almost too twitchy - but I haven't given the tyres a run in yet and I'm sure it will calm down over time.

Feels like a cat on steroids or summit bad because it's behaving like one ;o) It's a two handed tight grip all the time (which I prefer) and that's on the steering wheel.

BTW Sundeep is correct in saying keep the tyre pressures to OEM ratings and you wont go far wrong, but for my journey,roads and speeds I'm happy.
Cheers all

I had a nightmare with a BMW 330 when I just changed the rears- it became really twitchy, and the stability control light was on a lot, even at low speeds. The problem didn't go away until the tread got really worn in to be something like the fronts.

simes69 said:
Dunlop P9090s. They're nearly half the price of Michelins and would you really notice the difference? Sourced from Black Circles and installed by Central Tyres, Tonbridge. £270 for the rears.

Oh yes you would!

I've just ran on 9090's for the last 15,000miles (1x fronts, 2x rears) Changed to Pilot Sports and its quieter, has much better grip in both dry, wet and gravel. And much less flaming understeer (and that was before the Geo)

It really is worth the extra expense for the performance a 911 offers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back