Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 or C4?

The whole MSV day is about learning ballance and breaking technique. Once you have learnt this, there is throttle control to learn. WRT skid technique, there are places but I don't know any places which do this. I guess that's what Google is for.

kahostheory said:
Do you know anywhere that does wet skid pan?

Castle Combe do one (and its not that far from you either really).

I've done it and am thinking about going again at some point - front wheel and rear wheel drive cars too so you get a good feel for how each type handle.

A very worthwhile exercise and one of the best things I've done to improve my driving ability.

Gizmo750 said:
kahostheory said:
Do you know anywhere that does wet skid pan?

Castle Combe do one (and its not that far from you either really).

I've done it and am thinking about going again at some point - front wheel and rear wheel drive cars too so you get a good feel for how each type handle.

A very worthwhile exercise and one of the best things I've done to improve my driving ability.

Thanks Gizmo - will take a look. How do get on in the Forest with all those 40mph limits? - where do you go outside the Forest - always looking for good routes....

www.drivedp.com

2x wetted circuits
1.5 mile track circuit
Adverse handling track

2:1 driver/tuition in your own car so you can learn the limits safely.

£295 including lunch at Prodrive, Kenliworth.

I fancy doing the wet circuits as there is no damage done to your tyres.

I'd recommend Andy Walsh's carlimits day. I lost all 'fear' of the C2 on this day. Excellent value and Andy is a great instructor

I have owned a c2 and now have a c4

The c4 has more straight line traction as youd expect especially in the wet, but is just as challenging in bends having had it sideways on a few occassions even with psm on!

The smaller boot is probably the biggest difference for most people.

I was wondering if there is much difference in the way you drive a C2/C4?

More importantly is the C4 'fun'? I had an Impreza and whilst it was bloody quick on the roads it wasn't really what I'd describe as fun - my Elise is nowhere near as fast A->B (esp if its wet!) but the grin is always present (even at slower speeds it is 'fun').

A 3.4 C2 will give you lot's of fun and smiles per mile.

The C4 is fun. It rarely occurs to me that my 4S is 4wd, drives like a RWD to me. Only when you blat through standing water, or out of bends hard in the wet do you feel the 4wd doing its stuff. Combined with PSM, the way a C4 can cover ground in the wet is quite majestic.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back