Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back from first trip to the Ring...a few questions please!

F1_Dragon

Hi All,

Just had an amazing few days driving thru europe for the first time and experiencing the 'Ring. words cannot describe it, suffice to say i loved it and will be going back! what a place. :D

I have some trivial questions now though :oops: .. i have a seal grey 996C4S, where on the back do you think my hard earned Ring sticker would look the best, and do you think black or silver would look the better with the seal grey?

Secondly, despite a wet start, I managed a trouble-free few laps. However whilst reversing down one of the car park access rods to make way for one of the breakdown trucks, i managed to back in to a low rock. :cry: It was low speed, but i now have a small dent and some gauges in my bumper, just ahead of the turbo slits....does anybody have any recommendation of who could fix this up? Chipsaway?

any opinions much appreciated, thanks.

The Ring what a place... :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it mate - sorry about the bump.

G got a small scratch out of the underside of my bumper when I drove into a wacker in the garage. :oops:

Can you please post places where you stayed ?

It would help me a great deal in planning a similar trip in the near future.

First thing is why are you doing the ring when you cant even reverse? :)

Second thing is you dont get a ring sticker if you have a reversing problem at low speed.

Third thing is - oh never mind.

Places to stay - Sliders guest house. (see the ring trip posts for details)
We stayed there and at the place with a motor bike on top of a tree trunk in the garden - both on very interesting routes to the 'ring.
Sliders is best because the chap is a ring expert with many dvds of his exploits which can be watched until god knows when in the morning while you drink beers from his fridge which he adds to your total on a beermat.
The one with a bike on the tree trunk is great because you get 5 beers, a steak and chips and three supersized brrandies and half a bottle of wine and breakfast and a bed and tv and a shower wot looks like nobody used it before for 50 quid all in.

I would choose a white sticker and place it in the drivers side quarterlight. Yes it can look very good on the back somewhere but where will you put the Spa one? If you use the window you can slowly fill it up with all the great tracks.

Sympathize with the damage you took. That car park is a nightmare. Rocks and very low curbs all over it. Glad you had a great trip.

Tony,

Complete list of places to stay here. The place with the 3 Cylinder bike on the pole is not on there but it is called something like the Weisshaus.

SeanD said:
I would choose a white sticker and place it in the drivers side quarterlight. Yes it can look very good on the back somewhere but where will you put the Spa one?

This is where mine is !! :D

Thanks guys.

Tony i will find out the names of hotels from the trip organiser and PM you.

i know what you mean about the inside window, i did consider that but i have my heart set on the back, dunno why, think the white inside stickers suit more track focussed cars betterm where mine will just be this discrete ring ;-) so where and which colour?! :)

also see pic of damage, G do you think this is within your scope, or any other pointers?

c4sStonemark.jpg

thanks in advance.

it goes a long way to show how good the trip was, as normally i would be completely devasted by this damage, but i am still on a high :)

unfortunately it does.

On the sticker, if you want to be different why not black. It will make it just that little bit tricky to see but those in teh know will recognise the shape and see it clearly.

only a slight scratch, a good bodyshop should be able to repair/respray easily enough.

When I went to the Ring for the first time just over a mth ago, it frighten the daylight out of me, and I was lucky enough to come out the otherside undamaged. Definately going to be my annual event along with Spa!

Thanks guys, sent some pics to the local Chipsaway, will see what they say, else it's a search for a local bodyshop....grrrr :(

I know what you mean Mick, i was terrified at points, but what a circuit and the amount of exotica just lying around... 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back