Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Different pads front and rear?

SeanD

Suzuka
One of my front pads on Robert has disintegrated on Robert (the 968) at Oulton Park on Wednesday. The disc is badly scored and I was thinking about just biting teh bullet and getting a big red (993 Turbo) calipers and discs fitted but at this point that may be overkill. Instead I am going to put a new set of cross drilled discs on the front and change to EBC Greens. There is loads of meat on the back pads so do I bin perfectly good pads and put the greens in all round or can I run them on the front and OEM on the back?

leave them as the OEM is a good pad, a lot better than EBC green (which is a naff pad!)

rather than fitting 993 TT brakes, put in some Castrol SRF brake fluid and fit brake cooling ducts, which will improve the current without the expense of all the bells and whistles, and to a much better endurance spec than 993 TT brakes

actually nought wrong with regular 4 pot 993 brakes as an upgrade, not as good as 6 pot 993 TT brakes but add the colling and the SRF, would make a good combo on the 968 without an excessive weight gain

ultimately it is not the braking ability but the heat factor that wear out brakes, sort out the colling

regards

Already have the SRF and cooling (although could be improved - found a supplier of bigger ducts). The EBCs apear to be the preferred pads for the 968 (personal preference would be Pagids). From asking around the front O/S pads disintegrating at 4mm is not uncommon on the 968 with OEM pads which is why I want to go to a performance ones. I think I will fit them all round, better safe than sorry. I could (if I can find some) try out some Pagid Blues.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back