Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carreratochina Testdrive

carreratochina

hi guys, we did a testrun with our car to Palermo, Sicily, Italy, and you can read all about it in our diary on www.carreratochina.com

here's a condensed version, with pics of course ;)

My buddies in Luxembourg (the thumbup guy is my little brother :laugh )
b001.jpg

The Porsche in the famous Carroussel on the nurburgring!
IMG_2012.jpg

The crowd at the ring :)
IMG_2015.jpg

The famous Chapel of Le Corbusier in Ronchamp
b003.jpg

One of my buddies posing on the car on the top of the Col du Télégraph
b009.jpg

Breakfast on the Col du Télégraph
b006.jpg

Racing through France's B-roads :)
b011.jpg

Near the Mont-Ventoux, in the Provence
IMG_2194.jpg

A little bit of fun with the Gendarmerie :devious
IMG_2199.jpg

More Gorges near the Ventoux
IMG_2214.jpg

Somewhere between France and Italy, Gorges du Tarn i think
b014.jpg

Cinque Terre
b017.jpg

Atrani, in the gulf of Amalfi, beautiful!
b024.jpg

The coast of Italy :hail
b028.jpg

Lovely Diana in our car, somewhere along the coast in Italy
b026.jpg

my buddy, together with the familia La Spada, superfriendly B&B in Taormina
b065.jpg

a porsche on the mount Etna (active vulcan), a rare sight ;)
b061.jpg

car broke down in parco nazionale di Sila
b066.jpg

And that concludes our trip to Palermo ;)

a few weeks ago, we went on our first oldtimer-trip with a dutch organisation www.deklassieke912.nl . Together with about 20 other porsches we rolled through some fantastic countryside in holland. :)

195.jpg

we have been writing to some magazines lately, and so far we have two definite positive answers: Porsche Excellence magazine has agreed to publish two big articles about our adventure, and a local men's magazine here in Belgium (i think you guys know it too: MAXIM magazine) has agreed to two big articles plus a daily blog on their website. :) Added to that, they're going to help us get in touch with some big sponsors, and TV-stations, etc... so we're on a roll.

We are making a deal at this moment with www.fascinationporsche.com to bring out a full DVD about our trip! :thumbup

more to come :)

cheers, Jan

Very nice photos. Looks like it was a good trip in some nice weather.

911 has to be the best all round sport / touring car - even the early cars can take long trips in their stride (except for the breakdown of course :wink: )

Dunc

Good luck with your trip, some really great photos, hope the car holds out
fingers crossed.

thanks guys,

yeah, the car is a fantastic travelling partner...really comfy except fro the windnoise at highway speeds.

And about that breakdown: we didn't take any parts with us, because with had Insurance/Road-help all over europe, so we weren't too worried about it. Too bad the italians didn't want to give us a simple 'n' plain fuelpump...any sucky pump would have worked, it's a simple carbed engine! Back in Belgium, the problem was fixed in less than half an hour!

On the trip to China, we're going to take all major parts: some coils, some fuelpumps, a distributor, a generator, a CDI, etc...

cheers, Jan

Excellent! Thank you for posting! Looks like you had a great time! I so need a break!!!!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back