Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning air con filter?

cambsguy

Spa-Francorchamps
Can anyone give any advice on how to clean the air con filter? just had an interim service via OPC they suggested cleaning the filter, any ideas please or is it a job for the OPC?

do they mean the pollen filter or do they want to service and clean the air con system with anti bacterial additive?

Good to see you back Sid. Where are you working now? When I told Tonbridge that I was selling the kettle and getting an RS, I said that I was thinking of using Hatfield so I could get you to do it for me, they said that you had left. Then they mentioned their guy who had 20 years OPC experience and "loves to work on the old ones". I don't want to let a hobby spanner-man loose on the new baby.

i`m still there don`t let anyone tell you different! . i have just finished taking out a retro fitted air con system out of a 964rs ,so you know where to come

Hi Sid

All they said that on start-up the air con smells a little and could do with a clean, didnt realise that there might be different options to clean a air con filter, I just assumed he meant the filter..

total lack of info, didnt ask as the guy at opc just passed comment as if it was a small job.. and something which can be done DIY

Sid Spanner said:
i`m still there don`t let anyone tell you different! . i have just finished taking out a retro fitted air con system out of a 964rs ,so you know where to come

That must have made a 36 Ah battery grunt

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back