Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

colour match

richardofengland

Nurburgring
I think the colour match on my passenger front wing and passenger door is slightly out. If I take it back to Porsche under their warranty do you think they might address it for me. In some light you would not notice, but in others you do. I know wing curves and angles can play tricks, but would Porsche deal with it or is it down to me.

Advice please.

Thanks

SY is unique in the Porsche colour range because it has a special ingredient in it that makes the paint a little more slippery making all SY cars more aerodynamic and therefore slightly faster. This ingredient reacts with the paint in a process similar to that of fermentation. If the fermentation period varies then so does the Yellowness of the paint. If you look really closely you will probably find that non of the panels are the same as another.

Hope this clarifies things :D

Dave said:
SY is unique in the Porsche colour range because it has a special ingredient in it that makes the paint a little more slippery making all SY cars more aerodynamic and therefore slightly faster. This ingredient reacts with the paint in a process similar to that of fermentation. If the fermentation period varies then so does the Yellowness of the paint. If you look really closely you will probably find that non of the panels are the same as another.

I did not know this ?? Thanks Dave, I will stay away from them SY vehicles, don't want to look slow !!

:twisted:

Daniel said:
Dave said:

I did not know this ?? Thanks Dave, I will stay away from them SY vehicles, don't want to look slow !!

:twisted:

Thanks all, I expect some paint was done previously as there were no chips at all.

Dan you are far too cheeky :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back