Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

**WANTED** 996/7

matt_964

Barcelona
From a friend...

I want a:

Mechanically excellent, but slightly ratty 996 or 997 Carrera 2. No cabs, basic spec. Don't care about colour.

Michael

... basically its a trial run for a 911... where he lives its bound to get the inevitable ding, scuff etc, so he isnt that arsed about the appearance, as long as it runs as it should, true they usually go hand in hand - but if anyone see's anything let me know...

But Mark, you don't sell "slightly ratty" cars. That's Henry's domain :wink:

budget ???

scruffy 996 - about £16k

scruffy 997 - about £40k

which is it - cheers

vroomvroom said:
budget ???

scruffy 996 - about £16k

For a mechanically excellent car that's just a bit scruffy?

I think you'd have a fair few bids for that!

vroomvroom said:
budget ???

scruffy 996 - about £16k

scruffy 997 - about £40k

which is it - cheers

You looking at Henry's "Got every bug out there" price?

Wattie said:
vroomvroom said:
budget ???

scruffy 996 - about £16k

For a mechanically excellent car that's just a bit scruffy?

I think you'd have a fair few bids for that!

fair point ! for a mechanically excellent with less than 100k you would have to pay closer to £20k -- still a big spread between an early 996 (1996) and an early 997 (54 plate)

A rattley car

By the time you sort out the rattles,
might of been cheaper to buy a proper car in the first place

Morning,

I'm the michael Matt is talking about.

Its not really about cost to he honest, its about losing money.

I cant really be bothered to clean my car very often, I'd rather drive and enjoy it. I'd also like to be in a position where I didnt worry abotu it constantly - ie could park it in a car park without crying every time some numpty opens their door onto it. As Matt says, although I live in a nice quiet area the car will be parked on the street, and although my VX220 never had a finger laid on it, my BMW has been keyed, badge nicked, and a window put out (to steal the satnav admitedly...)

So, instead of buying a total minter bodywork wise and then watch it devalue as people push supermarket trolleys into it I'd prefer to buy one that had been devalued by someone else!

I cant be the only one whose cars look like sheds but are in no expense spared perfect mechanical condition?

michaelpa said:
I cant be the only one whose cars look like sheds but are in no expense spared perfect mechanical condition?
One of the very few, I would suggest. It does sound like an odd combination.
Welcome to the board BTW. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Simple - buy a Cat D car.

Welcome !!!!

A hard combination to find - perfect history & mechanical condition but scruffy paint - usually because the cost to rectify the paint is relatively inexpensive so most owners/traders get it sorted before selling.

As suggested before, buy a "repaired" car or mega mileage (should have no mechanical problems with either) you could get into a car for 20% less than normal

And the additional scruff you add will have relatively little impact on the already discounted price.

Just look round for a nice 996..

Buy it on spec. If you go to the OPC you'll pay top money.

Look for a nice service history, nice spec, get G (fourm detailer) to give her a nice wax to save the worry of polishing it every weekend..

Job done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back