Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 (Black or Polar etc etc) is one thing missing in my life

ChazWantsA993

I am new boy!
Currently looking for a 993 varioram, ideally carrera 4, but needs must. . . Don't want to cabriolet or to tiptronic, do want good history and air con, not too fussy about mileage, since plan to use as main method of transport and don't want to ruin (or pay for) a concourse one.
Happy to fair price for The One.
Any ideas about where to look???

Welcome,

Private, trader, ad's here, there is much to choose

Budget ? FSH is essential, whereas with such complex cars you find the best car for your money if you can as the cheapest car doesnt often work

Thanks for welcome!
Budget around 26 - some of which might be px against elderly S3 - too lazy to sell privately probably. Have been looking now for about 3 months on and off, maybe I am too fussy. On the other hand, this is most likely the most expensive car I will ever buy. . .
Regularly check 911virgin ads and Cridfords sites, both of whom I have heard good things about. Any other folks I should be aware of?
And what effect does lack of air con or inclusion of tiptronic have on re-sale value? (All thoughts welcome!)

993 C4 for sale

I have a 993 for sale. Here's my ad copy:

993 Carrera 4 1998 C4 R reg, Arctic silver with black leather, air con, black leather sport seats, 6-speed manual, ABD Traction management, ABS, new rear disks, electric sunroof/mirrors/seats/windows, tracker, FPSH, 10 CD changer, 102,000 miles. Recent engine rebuild, one year's warranty. This car is genuine and perfect. Drives fantastic. This car is one of the last and the best of the legendary air-cooled Porsches. Photos at Flicker - http://www.flickr.com/photos/porscheforsale/

Send me a private message to exchange contact details. Car is Ealing, W.London

I would just like to thank the forum for being here.
The fellow above PM'd, I bought the thing, and I have just driven it back from Ealing. The help offered was invaluable, as well as putting in touch with absolutely the right seller. Many thanks to all concerned, and if I can offer anything back in, will do my best.

Congrats Chaz. I'm sure you'll be very happy together. Let us know how you get on with it.

ChazWantsA993 said:
I would just like to thank the forum for being here.
The fellow above PM'd, I bought the thing, and I have just driven it back from Ealing. The help offered was invaluable, as well as putting in touch with absolutely the right seller. Many thanks to all concerned, and if I can offer anything back in, will do my best.

Well done Chaz, you'll love a 993..

This is a great 911 fourm, and we are pleased to help..

Any mods planned ? RSR's are a must !!!!!!!

As Arnie says "Stick Around" - :lol:

Not really planning any mods - I reckon that Ferdinand bloke and Hans and Fritz knew what they were doing, and I have to put my faith in them!
I think I have to spend a couple of quid getting the air con going, in order to cool down in this belter of a summer we are having in Wiltshire . . .
Also, new front pads and disks and some exterior and interior tidying.
BUT, this is the third day of ownership, and I still can't quite get the hang of the floor mounted pedals . . .
Who knows what I'll be thinking next week.

Welcome Chaz, as a relative newbie myself this place is an invaluable resource and everyone on here is friendly and helpful (and incredibly knowledgable....)

Now, as i'm sure some of the regulars would say: " this thread is useless without pictures" :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back