Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE fitted at Bolton OPC

Nottinghsm OPC are also doing fully switchable PSE for £1500 ask to speak to Dave McGuire (Not me I hasten to add).

For those considering a PSE on their 996 just do it. It totally transforms the driving experience. At £1500 it is a bargain. I miss the PSE on my old 996 Targa and unfortunately there is no PSE system for the 996tt. My only real option is to go down the aftermarket route with a remap which is not quite a bargain being northwards of £4k

stats007 said:
Honestly the only ESSENTIAL option on a 996 - it's amazing :D.

I agree- a 0% credit card is essential with the 996.

Can anyone tell me how I stop the valves from closing at 30 - 45 ish MPH? I want to hear it right the way through the gears.

Someone mentioned Pink and grey wire but whereabouts is it?

Marcus Quigley said:
Can anyone tell me how I stop the valves from closing at 30 - 45 ish MPH? I want to hear it right the way through the gears.

Someone mentioned Pink and grey wire but whereabouts is it?

It goes into the back of the relay, saves you modifying the relay doing the diode snip.

Is it easy to find? Is there a tutorial on the t'int?

Thanks

Just out of interest, how much extra are your Insurance company charging you now that your car is 'modified' ? Can you get away with the fact that it's a Porsche option and therefore not a mod?

Nic Collins said:
Just out of interest, how much extra are your Insurance company charging you now that your car is 'modified' ? Can you get away with the fact that it's a Porsche option and therefore not a mod?

I notified my Insurance company when I had one fitted to my previous Porsche. They told me I needn't have bothered. That was NU. The PSE is not actually a performance enhancing pipe it just sounds glorious.

so i'm sure this has been done but how does PSE compare vs something like the fabspeeds for sound? I was toying with the fabspeeds or designtek back boxes to give a nicer sound but everyone seems to be making a play for the PSE even though there's no performance improvement....

cheers

I don't think you get much more performance out of just an exhaust/muffler change but the PSE actually sounds like I've been given 320bhp because of the sound alone. Where as before it sounded like a 50cc moped.
If you change the whole lot manifolds and de-cat then I bet your talking 25hp extra and much better rev speed because the gases can exit quicker when there are no cats to choke it.
I'm over the moon with it and it's the best money I've spent on the car and I'd recommend it to anyone. The important thing for me is being able to turn it off and on whenever I wish and there is no hint of drone because that becomes very tiring on long trips. You don't want to be sat in your Porsche and wearing foam ear defenders to stop the noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back