Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noise at startup

kahostheory

Trainee
I have noticed a tappety noise when starting from cold. It only lasts of second or two and then clears and everything else is normal.

Had a major service 1000 miles ago. Full OPC Service History with all the correct services done over the last 6 years. 39K miles.

Should I be worried? I have the OPC Warranty.

kahostheory said:
I have noticed a tappety noise when starting from cold. It only lasts of second or two and then clears and everything else is normal.

Had a major service 1000 miles ago. Full OPC Service History with all the correct services done over the last 6 years. 39K miles.

Should I be worried? I have the OPC Warranty.

They do sound agricultural on startup, after a few seconds the oil has made it's way over the tappets etc.

Check with your OPC if you are really worried :)

ditto to the advice from Damian, takes a few seconds to really start, but you should always let it aidle and stay well away from the higher rev range till it is properly warmed up

When you start up rev it to 5000rpm for 4hrs and then set off on your journey and everything will be fine from then on... EEEK

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back