Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gt3 and rear seats

Martyn Iles

I was idly browsing the stock list of local OPC and noticed they have three GT3s there...

I'm sure this has been discussed before (search failed to provide an answers) but is it possible to get rear seats put in if the rear cage is removed? Is it then legal to carry passengers in the rear (I'm guessing if the V5 says it has 2 seats there may be Insurance issues).

I _need_ rear seats for the kids as its one of the excuses (er, reasons...) for changing my Elise and I don't want to look at a GT3 if there is no way of getting seats into it.

i have belts in the rear, and use child seats.

it was done by a company called quick fit in london (not the tyre people)

Ocean will have the contact details

I have a certificate of confirmity from them, which makes them legal, I have informed my insurence company, and there was no issue or price difference.

Child seats fit straight in, from quick fit, and slip out in approx 10 seconds each.

More room in the back than a std 911, cos if you have the buckets, the seats are thinner, also quick to slide forward.

We went through the discussion before in length, but it's in the "old" forum so search won't find it yet.
The conclusion, if there was one, was that it's ok to put rear seats in a GT3, and Insurance will cover it if you check with them first. Daz did it to his car, had the child seats and seat belt fitted by Quickfit in Stanmore.

Martyn Iles said:
I was idly browsing the stock list of local OPC and noticed they have three GT3s there...

I'm sure this has been discussed before (search failed to provide an answers) but is it possible to get rear seats put in if the rear cage is removed? Is it then legal to carry passengers in the rear (I'm guessing if the V5 says it has 2 seats there may be Insurance issues).

I _need_ rear seats for the kids as its one of the excuses (er, reasons...) for changing my Elise and I don't want to look at a GT3 if there is no way of getting seats into it.

Daz has done it..
So he could fit his childen in the rear, and his Insurance company were happy to insure it as a four seater..
(I would be interested in the cage ! - :lol: )

Cheers mate - any idea roughly what it cost to get done and how long it took? got any pics?

Part of me (well my wallet!) was hoping for a different answer :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back