Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 -> 964 Brakes

matt_964

OK, i have a ful big red setup on the 3.2... will this all just bolt straight to the 964, and the 964 stuff fit the 3.2???

I know i will have to swap wheels etc, as the rear 964 rotors have a huge hub, whereas the 'reds run small disc flange and bigger wheel offsets or whatever...

frontbr.jpg

brakesre.jpg

by virtue of the calliper size they look (?) like 993 TT so real Big Red, which if they fitted a 3.2 will fit a 964, although I suspect some finr tuning hub may have been done

but there is a lot of cross over from the 964 to 993 so they will fit a 964 fine, as long as the wheel is at least IIRC 17"

fantastic - I will be swapping the wheels over too anyway....

i did think they were 993 TT - but wasnt sure...

They will work on a 964 but they don't bolt straight on you need adaptor brackets to take the caliper further away from the centre of the hub, and change from axial to radial mount (cost about £250, but you may already have them on your current car), you also need to use 964 Turbo discs.

Jamie

thats no good then, as i need some brakes to go back onto the 3.2... was hoping the 964 ones would fit...

Guys on rennlist say it wont work, parking brake will be an issue, looks like a huge none starter really.

so p*ssed off.

looks like wheels wont fit to, rear 964 have a massive disc hub, and shallow wheel, the 3.2 has shallow hub and huge bit on the back of the rim.

AAARRRRRGHHH

Not quite sure what to do now for bigger brakes on the 964, and although the wheels are the same style as the RS ones, i dont really like them, the 993 TT ones I have are much nicer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back