Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wheel dialema?

can any one help me? - iam thinking of buying a new set of wheels with tyres ive been offered- genuine 997 carerra III 5 spokers. will they go streight on my 99- 996 c2? any one an ideahow much are they worth? :?:

cheers gents

Stanard 18s on the 996 (Facelift) are:

FRONT WHEELS ARE 8Jx18-ET52 AND THE RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE IS 225x40x18

REAR WHEELS ARE 10Jx18-ET65 AND THE RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE IS 285x30x18

Can't remember what the offsets are for the 18" on the 996 - think it's 52 Front and 65 rear. As long as the offsets are the same, they'll be OK. It doesn't sound like these are right though. You can space a smaller offset, but not take away one that is too big.

not sure which body they were from. i sipose the only sure way is to pop them on which the opc didnt seem to keen on- perhaps they thought i was going to p*!s off with them? strange chaps these op dealers :evil:

rich mortimer said:
not sure which body they were from. i sipose the only sure way is to pop them on which the opc didnt seem to keen on- perhaps they thought i was going to p*!s off with them? strange chaps these op dealers :evil:

You'll need to make sure they still retain the original geometry. If you Google for a wheel offset calculator, you'll see if the offsets work

So Poo said:
Stanard 18s on the 996 (Facelift) are:

FRONT WHEELS ARE 8Jx18-ET52 AND THE RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE IS 225x40x18

REAR WHEELS ARE 10Jx18-ET65 AND THE RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE IS 285x30x18

Chris,
Those are the Mk1 GT3 wheels and they came with 5mm spacers as standard... I don't know/think those were the same sizes as standard on the regular 996 (facelift)?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back