Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should I stay or should I go ???

What should I do?

• Sell the RS and keep the GT3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell the GT3 and keep the RS

• Sell both and get an even more track focussed Porsche

• Keep both and stop dithering - what could be better?

• Total voters
I guess that's your dilemma - the main reason to keep the 64RS is for sentimental reasons. Your GT3 does everything asked of the 64RS on track, plus it does it with a more user friendliness for the obligatory Euro-jaunts. <soundslikePorschehitthesweetspot> Whether the GT3 excites you or not (relative to the 64RS) is something only you can decide on. I wouldn't trade on these cars economics though - I think both the 64RS and GT3 values are currently at a plateau - one high, one stable.

If any of these special cars (all GT3/RSes are special given their relative rarity) are repaired properly with new parts, I believe their value will remain consistent. These are track cars, and a track car demands tip top condition/service/maintenance. As you rightly point out: your car is probably better than it was before the accident after everything is stripped apart and rescrewed together with brand new parts as necessary. I am sure it will feel tighter than before. The PE is certainly a lot tighter after I had the car completely stripped down and everything replaced/retightened as necessary. No more squeaks/rattles etc.

'Buy on Condition' is the mantra spoken by many. If I were in the market for a 64RS, I would consider the current condition of the car far more important than anything else. Past 'history' has no bearing on the condition of a car being bought today. Imho, there is far too much money being wasted on 'original' cars which need another £xxk+ to be spent on replacing worn components/parts to bring them up to proper mint condition.

'Original' is frequently another evocative term in the trade that often means 'worn', 'tatty', 'requiring replacement'.

So you have;
Mum tansport
MX5
964rs
GT3

I say sell the 944 MX5 and replace it with 1 car

or

Sell the 944 MX5 and the 964rs. Replace with a useable coupe for everyday and the wife on weekends

or

Sell the 944 MX5 GT3. Buy GT3 comfort spec for work, the wife on the weekends, plus the odd oversea jaunt and keep your 946 as harcore track monkey

No point in 2 of a kind

I'm likely to be in the minority here because I've voted for you get rid of both the 3 and the RS and go for a track beasty. Ideally a 964 cup car if you can find one but a 996 cup would also do the job :twisted: . The cost of the trailer would be offset by not having to pay road Insurance or tax each year :p

You've obviously been thinking about it or you wouldn't have added the voting option :wink:

I agree with Boxsey, get rid of them both and get either a GT3 cup car or

a GT3 RS, you will still have a top daily driver in the 944. I suppose it's

quite a nice dilemma to be in.

Max

Boxsey said:
You've obviously been thinking about it or you wouldn't have added the voting option :wink:

Certainly have and its quite probable.....maybe :roll:

OK FIRST DECISION HAS BEEN MADE.......more later

The Westbrook/Red Line Racing Cup car for sale looks nice :wink:

Don't know how you would get on with noise testing on normal trackdays though? :twisted:

Ok I've decided the GT3 is going up for sale. The car is fantastic, has a very expensive track set up and ticks all the boxes but its just not practical having 2 track focussed cars and in reality this is what this is.

I won't get the RS back for a few weeks but it is 'my baby' and I'll decide what to do with this once I have used it a bit more.

Selling the GT3 has been one of the hardest decisions I've had to make...and I may very well regret it but at least I can say "i've been there, done that"

I'm in no rush to sell and not desparate for the money so am going to advertise it exclusively to the 911uk forum first.

Slow poke has been to see it and gets first refusal...I'll let him tell you what he thought!

Sad day :cry:

Sorry to hear you are selling your 3, but it's got to be your choice, like I said earlier at least it's a nice choice to be in. Hope your 964 is back as good as new, I've always liked 'em.

Max

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back