Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 964RS

Ian Reynolds

Though I'd resurrect this on the new forum.

I'm looking for a LHD 964RS/L, any colour except black, red or midnight blue. Doesn't need to be totally original, but must be in good general condition and reasonable mileage (sub 75K miles). Also, it must have the magnesium Cup 1s.

Does anyone know of anything around - I'm aware of the 3 on PH, and a rather ropey rubystone one at SG Autopoint in Windsor. Looking to spend around £40K.

Cheers
Ian

It might be worth asking the same question on the PCGB forum. The 964RS section is one of the most active ones on that forum. :idea:

I have been - I'm Ian964 over there. It seems as though no-one is selling their good ones at this time of year. I went to look at the £45K maritime one on PH, but it's overpriced, especcialy as it doesn't have the original wheels, and a couple of rust spots.

Yes - it's my colour choice that's the problem. Tom does have a rubystone one that fits the bill, but HID doesn't like the idea of a "pink" Porsche! There seem to be quite a few Guards Red ones around, but as I've already got a red 964, I want something different. Wolbert in Holland has a nice silver one, but I think it's rather a dull colour, which is why I'm also avoiding black and midnight. I'm keeping an eye on www.mobile.de as well. Gmund have something coming in which may be right, just waiting for it to arrive there.

You don't want red, black, blue, pink, or silver. :?

So that's about 97% of the 964RSes you've ruled out, before you even get to start talking about the condition of a potential car you find.

My advice for such a car as the 964RS...

BUY ON CONDITION

Good luck with the search.

Well, when I was looking for my RS, I made up my mind I wanted a SY one before I started looking. That limited the choice somewhat but there's no point in buying a car that you don't want to look at! :wink:

A bright colour will certainly go better on an RS! Ruby pink isn't that bad really, it'll certainly be different and eye catching!

Bright colours are the new silver!

Butzi said:
Bright colours are the new silver!

I ruddy hope not! :shock:

Ian Reynolds said:
I have been - I'm Ian964 over there. It seems as though no-one is selling their good ones at this time of year. I went to look at the £45K maritime one on PH, but it's overpriced, especcialy as it doesn't have the original wheels, and a couple of rust spots.

Blimey Ian, only 13 posts on here in nearly 3 years! :shock: . Good luck with the search :)

Yes, I know, bit of a lurker. I found the old forum very slow, this version is a lot faster so will probably post more now.

Yes, I am thanks - one of my regular sites to check. If I'm not so fussy about the colour, the red one at EUR 51,500 looks reasonable value.

Cheers
Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back