Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 (typ. 996) GT3 Cup 2005

pmjt

Nurburgring
One of the three 996 GT3 Cup cars imported by Porsche Cars GB for the 2005 Carrera Cup GB (the other two have been written off!) and surely close to being the very last 996 GT3 Cup produced.

Collected from Weissach and run by Carrera Cup GB race winners Redline Racing from new - ONLY Redline have maintained this car.

Driven by Carrera Cup GB and Supercup Champion Richard Westbrook for the 2005 Carrera Cup GB season. Westbrook entered only 9 out of the 10 rounds due to Supercup commitments in the 2005 season.

Westbrook achieved the following results out of 9 rounds (18 race starts):

- Thirteen race wins out of eighteen!
- Pole position in qualifying 8 out of 9
- Fastest laps in a race eleven out of eighteen

The car is exactly as when it finished the 2005 season with Westbrook's name and #1 on the door (it even has the dummy given to him by the race mechanics hanging from the drivers mirror!) - since the end of the season she has been fitted with an, original Porsche, passenger seat and Schroth harness. A Peltor intercom is fitted allowing communication with your passenger - this can be wired to a radio with PTT or cell phone interface if you really wanted!

All Motec equipment still fitted and scrutineering seals still intact

Showing just over 3,000kms this has to be the best condition 996 GT3 Cup Car remaining in the world - having never had any damage repairs; I have owned this car from new.

Complete with Porsche Cars GB DVD's showing the televised race coverage from each round in the season, original factory car cover, all documentation from new (including technical guide) and three sets of factory BBS wheels she is ready for series or open race competition or trackday use.

A 2004 Brian James Race Shuttle (RS4 Covered) is available by seperate negotiation.

This is a car with a proven record of success in the right hands and in perfect condition - I am only selling due to business commitments - I've missed seven trackdays this year and I can't see me getting any use for the rest of this year.

POA (car located in the UK)
[email protected] or +44 7786 734925

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

nice, nice, nice

anyone need a new kidney?

OMG! Nice, will keep dreaming.

Never mind the car, love the garage!

Price ?

Admin said:

Lots :wink: Around £65,000 not including the trailer - she was £92,000 new :shock:

P

PolarExpress said:
How many hours on the engine and how many until the next rebuild?

Engine hours picked up from Motec if you're really interested in upgrading Ade :wink:

No need for a rebuild if being used as a trackday car - she has 3,000kms on. My old 2003 Cup Car (ex. Jonathon Cocker) had 20,000kms on and did not need a rebuild to get me on the podium at Donnington Porsche Open and finish Second and Fifth in the Britcar :) Last I heard that car was still being used in Porsche Open - without a rebuild.

If a new owner desired to seriously compete in say Britcar or one of the European Cup Car series, a rebuild would be a good idea (about £6.5k if done in Europe, £10k if Parr do it) - depends on how competetive they wished to be and how large their wallet to competetive desire ratio is :lol:

But then they'd have to consider bag tank, dry break fuelling system and could upgrade the engine to RSR spec (420bhp) anyway - there are much cheaper Cup Cars to do that with. Ideally someone would be interested in the condition, originality and provenance.

Westie put in some laps at Donnington in her last year (last time she was out) and on old (read shagged) slicks was 2 seconds off his Carrera Cup pace on a Paddock Club trackday so the 'old girl' doesn't need much. :lol:

Philip

Ghost said:
Never mind the car, love the garage!

Thanks Ghost - the wife never worries where I am - I'm always in the garage :lol:

Philip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back