Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 OWNERS SURVEY, which 993 do/did you own ??

993 OWNERS SURVEY...which 993 do / did you own ??

• Total voters
Non-VR C2's are the fastest :wink:

right...just told the dealer i'll go for the 993 so i better find out what varioram means????

Varioram engines produced 285bhp from the factory as opposed to 272bhp for preceeding non varioram model.

As the name suggests, VarioRam varies the effective length of the inlet ducting depending upon engine load and speed. A long intake length at low rpm provides high intake air velocity, which aids low-end torque. At higher engine rpm, the intake length is reduced. The result is a flatter torque curve, with more torque available at low- and mid-range engine speeds compared to a similar non-VarioRam engine.

cheers...what year did varioram come in? mine will be a 95.

c32amg said:
cheers...what year did varioram come in? mine will be a 95.

the 96 model year.........which is actually from July/August 95 IIRC the German car industry has a big holiday end July and cars produced from August onwards are the next years model(normally they use this as the launch of revisions to existing models)........

So. IMHO the results show:

That Carrera Coupes are common(and rightly so).

That Porsche ran out of three quarter windows and roof panels resulting in the building of so many Targas.

That most of us wish we cast that 1 RS vote (you lucky man Butzi).

And that C2S owners collect here in unpresidented numbers to debate C2S prices with other owners for reassurance. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

C2, then 6months later a 4S for a year or 2, then a gap and now after 4 years of Italian am back to Stuttgarts finest.....the TT4.

CUE99T said:
C2, then 6months later a 4S for a year or 2, then a gap and now after 4 years of Italian am back to Stuttgarts finest.....the TT4.

Welcome to the forum!

I have voted for a turbo, but my car is acrually registerd with the dvla as a turbo s, something to do with the upgrade changed the coc european number for the uk, no idea but I do have the k24 turbos :D

the good old DVLA !

first time they got the chassis number incorrect, as I put it down as a 993 turbo (which is on the coc, as well as 911 turbo s)

they said that 993 turbo was not a uk model but the 911 turbo s was so thats what it got put under.

also remember the good Insurance company stating that the 993 turbo does not exist only a 911 turbo for the 1998 model year.

deep joy

c32amg said:
daniel, may i ask why u went from a c4 to a c2? isn't the c4 a better car? or have i got that totally wrong?
Did that lover of Porsche fan Clarkson do a lap trial on both cars to find that basically both cars performed the same? this should point towards a persons pereference between the 2, say weight vs grip

Welcome back Dave!

Excellent choice of car, btw. Colour / spec / pics etc please!!

tim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back