Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Spolier Shimm Adjusters

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
You can actually order them from you local OPC as they are on the GT3 parts catalogue

P996.512.821.90 for 4 Degree

P996.512.823.90 for 8 Degree

£10 per set + VAT, although on closer inspection I may have got away with it as either side has different part numbers

so that could actually be £10 each !

as per (after a weekend with the spray can)

IMG_0514a.jpg

Tip: there's an 'L' and 'R' at the end of each part number to indicate which side they go on... the pictures show the underside of the shims.

PolarExpress said:
Tip: there's an 'L' and 'R' at the end of each part number to indicate which side they go on... the pictures show the underside of the shims.

so which side faces outwards ??

easy to fit ??

Admin said:
PolarExpress said:

easy to fit ??

The side you didn't spray ;)

Damian said:
Admin said:
PolarExpress said:

easy to fit ??

The side you didn't spray ;)

doh.gif

thankfully have done the 4 Degree ones but then ran out of paint

Oi SD,

IIRC you took the piss when I was the first to get these fitted to my silver three!

My 4 degree shims will be going on soon as I get them sprayed :D

poon said:
Oi SD,

IIRC you took the piss when I was the first to get these fitted to my silver three!

Stu, are your shims still in Polar?

Damian said:
poon said:
Oi SD,

Stu, are your shims still in Polar?

No, didn't get them sprayed first time, they looked quite good in Red, actually I'll bung em on in red and see how they look!

poon said:
No, didn't get them sprayed first time, they looked quite good in Red, actually I'll bung em on in red and see how they look!

They looked naff cause you didnt paint them !!

Admin said:
PolarExpress said:

easy to fit ??

You'll need an appropriately sized Torx wrench (T40 IIRC)... careful dexterity to not drop the screws, and probably some replacement cover caps after you've broken the covers that go over the screws...and yes, they only go in one way (L is for the Left strut, R is for Right strut :wink:)... need to make sure the spoiler is screwed down tight...

PolarExpress said:
Admin said:
PolarExpress said:

easy to fit ??

You'll need an appropriately sized Torx wrench (T40 IIRC)... careful dexterity to not drop the screws, and probably some replacement cover caps after you've broken the covers that go over the screws...and yes, they only go in one way (L is for the Left strut, R is for Right strut :wink:)... need to make sure the spoiler is screwed down tight...

Sounds almost like a two person job :)

Damian said:
PolarExpress said:
Admin said:
PolarExpress said:

easy to fit ??

Sounds almost like a two person job :)

Taking your time, 5 minutes solo!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back