Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Don Palmer thinks about a new type of course (sounds fun)

smtk

I want to tell you about an exciting new development that will help you build upon your limit handling, track and road activities. I have entered into a working a partnership that was recently described as, "made in heaven," by another well known motoring journalist.

I have joined forces with Mark Hales to develop and build upon the Master-class project he has been working on in recent years. It is very difficult to run training events at UK circuits because of the huge fixed expense of hiring the circuit and it is impossible to do this on organised track days. We need to have the circuit to ourselves when two highly experienced and effective trainers can be much more focused on slightly larger groups than hitherto.

The intention is to travel just across the borders into France and slightly further into North Wales and run two day intensive development courses. These will be highly focused events designed to engage the participants in masterful coaching, plenty of driving practice, good food and excellent company. The outcome for you will be a set of tools that you can apply to developing your own masterful style of track driving. Your understanding of the critical and important issues around driving will be transformed.

You know me well enough by now to know that all I want to find out right now is -
"What do you want to get out of such a course?"
It would be very good to have your immediate response to this idea. So please email me with it. What do you really want? What is on your wish list? What do you not want?

Best fishes
Don Palmer

2 days in france hooning about sounds good if you guys have any comments add them here and i'll wrap them up in an email and send them off.[/quote]

Sounds fun, I could be persuaded to have a thrash!
I had a very educating day At Pro-Drive last Monday. One to One with an instructor all day on the Tower circuit, Wet grip track and the endurance track. Only three of us there, the other two drove M3's which i pissed all over. LOL. But it really taught me throttle control, balance, smoothness and general handling. Totally cool day with clever instructors. Learnt alot.

Flatsix said:
Sounds fun, I could be persuaded to have a thrash!
I had a very educating day At Pro-Drive last Monday. One to One with an instructor all day on the Tower circuit, Wet grip track and the endurance track. Only three of us there, the other two drove M3's which i pissed all over. LOL. But it really taught me throttle control, balance, smoothness and general handling. Totally cool day with clever instructors. Learnt alot.

Sounds interesting! Any more details on the course you went on?

sounds really good, if the price is not too bad and on wkends, then it'd be do-able! is that our own car or cars provided?

This is the site;

http://www.driverdp.com/

I was VERY lucky as their was only 3 of us and 2 instructors. 1 of which was a lifelong fan of BMW's and M3's in particular and had a well specced version. She had also raced herself and instructed at the 'ring'
She stayed with the others, while I basically had Simon himself a respectable rally driver to tutor myself.

Normally you share an instructor which i would imagine a certain amount of waiting/hanging about.

It is great fun on every circuit and i can't imagine you'd fail to learn and take on board the day's experience.

Maybe in the long term, but am keen to try any other new tracks/training days!

Butzi said:
sounds really good, if the price is not too bad and on wkends, then it'd be do-able! is that our own car or cars provided?

Not DP again !!! :roll:

Prodriving day

Flatsix said:
This is the site;

http://www.driverdp.com/

I was VERY lucky as their was only 3 of us and 2 instructors. 1 of which was a lifelong fan of BMW's and M3's in particular and had a well specced version. She had also raced herself and instructed at the 'ring'
She stayed with the others, while I basically had Simon himself a respectable rally driver to tutor myself.

Normally you share an instructor which i would imagine a certain amount of waiting/hanging about.

It is great fun on every circuit and i can't imagine you'd fail to learn and take on board the day's experience.

This sounds like a good day out and certainly worth giving a try!

Sundeep said:
Butzi said:

Not DP again !!! :roll:

What has been said about them in the past?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back