Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bmw x5 or cayenne turbo

My wifes car is a 2006 55 bmw x5 3.0 d sport, but she has said she wants a cayenne turbo which is the better car? any opinions would be great or owners experiences with the porsche as i have never even drove one.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141623

Are you comparing like for like 3.0 diesel against TURBO?
Ive never driven a KN but I do regret selling the X5!! I would be very suprised if the KN is a better all round performer, unless it out and out speed she needs for the supermarket shop :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141632

Cayenne Turbo figures speak for themselves, plus in every test the slightly ugly porker has trounced the X5 ... the only problem is your wife's truck will blitz your 911 !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141634

one thing to be wary of too if you go down the Cayenne route.............your fuel cost will more than double,so as well as paying a fair bit more to trade up you'll feel it at the pumps too

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141640

You'll be on first name terms with your local garage, but think of the Shell Plus points you'll get...

Great value though, hugely impressive on road (and off by all accounts) and sound lovely.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141651

Can you get your Mrs to talk to mine? I desp want a KN T - Just outrageous performance and handling. She refuses saying how ugly it is. We are now on our 2nd X5 This one a 4.4 (Dull)- Previous to that, two RR - one a 4.6 one a 3.0td.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141652

I've owned a Cayenne. I enjoyed the whole experience apart from depreciation and fuel costs - it really is a killer.

If I were going down the 4x4 route again I would go for a diesel X5

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141655

Not driven either but I'd be put off by what people and several motoring journalists have said about the KN T's unique thirst for super-unleaded even if it means a superior driving experience. X5's appear to be better all round, imo, especially the new shape ones (seats up to 7 people) and you can't go wrong with the 3.0d. Or how about a V10 TDI Touareg?

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141673

i have just spoke to a company who can convert the car to lpg what do you think that would be like

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141680

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back