Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice X 3 please

AS far as i can see everythings connected? a second look would be an idea although its a little wet to play as she's outside!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141462

Good to meet you Damian and thanks for coming over. Great advice too. I've only just got in from lying on the wet floor feeding that pipe through and connecting it up.

Guess what its the same, so i wonder if they left off the other side at the baffle end.

Phone call in morning me thinks.

Cheers for your help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141525

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Flatsix on 13 May 2007
Good to meet you Damian and thanks for coming over. Great advice too. I've only just got in from lying on the wet floor feeding that pipe through and connecting it up.
Guess what its the same, so i wonder if they left off the other side at the baffle end.
Phone call in morning me thinks.
Cheers for your help.

Anything's possible. Disconnect the right hand side at the Y connector and 'suck' the tubing, if it's connected you should be able to hear the mechanical baffle move, if not then it's disconnected from the can itself.

Any break in this vacuum will affect both cans, not just one of them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141531

Will try tomorrow, thanks again.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141533

Jumped in the motor this morning, left it ticking over to help load the missus's car with pushchair, baby etc and it's working great. Switches between the two no problem. Must have needed to build up a vacuum. Thanks for your help and advice Damian.

Also this hollow torx security bit set arrived from Screwfix today, so i can swap the MAF over.

All these jobs get done bit by bit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141730

When changing the MAF, make sure you have the same part as you are replacing. ie. The old MAF I think used to be a 996 part number, the new is a 986 part, this will need to be acknowledged by the ECU and so might need to visit an OPC. If it's 'like for like' then make sure you disconnect the battery for the ECU to relearn.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141803

Am planning to clean my MAF thoroughly - do I just remove and spray all over with Electrical contact cleaner?? I think the process is to spray inside and outside and leave to dry for a while - is there any other cleaning/drying required??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141813

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Alex Bartman on 14 May 2007
Am planning to clean my MAF thoroughly - do I just remove and spray all over with Electrical contact cleaner?? I think the process is to spray inside and outside and leave to dry for a while - is there any other cleaning/drying required??

The MAF sensor is a little ceramic/glass coated 'thingy' encased in some plastic, so all you need to do is spray this, careful use of a cotton bud to remove the residue. Isopropanol evaporates very quickly so you shouldn't be waiting long.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141817

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back