Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel Tank

Ian Parslow

Hello,

I finally bit the bullet and much to the amusement of my mates bought a Porsche. (The amusement being they all drove them and I didn't, having prefered M Sport Beemers myself)

So far so good. Handling is abs fantastic, esp in the recent wet weather and the performance pretty good - though I suspect the Turbo would make me smile more but given this car will be used for a daily commute of 140 miles of mixed motorways and A roads and an average of 4 hours a day in the car, I am so far really impressed with it. The only gripe I really have is that it seems my 3 year old son has a bigger bladder than this car has a fuel tank. Fuel econ is good at +24mpg, but I really struggle to get anything over £40 in the tank - so basic maths gives me around 220miles a tank. An ex Porsche owner informs me that you can get a bigger tank fitted. I will probably keep it for two years or so so this maybe a vaiable option to have done.

Has anybody heard of this? and if so would I lose boot space?

Many thanks...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/my%20car(6).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140984

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ian Parslow on 11 May 2007

Hello,

I finally bit the bullet and much to the amusement of my mates bought a Porsche. (The amusement being they all drove them and I didn't, having prefered M Sport Beemers myself)

So far so good. Handling is abs fantastic, esp in the recent wet weather and the performance pretty good - though I suspect the Turbo would make me smile more but given this car will be used for a daily commute of 140 miles of mixed motorways and A roads and an average of 4 hours a day in the car, I am so far really impressed with it. The only gripe I really have is that it seems my 3 year old son has a bigger bladder than this car has a fuel tank. Fuel econ is good at +24mpg, but I really struggle to get anything over £40 in the tank - so basic maths gives me around 220miles a tank. An ex Porsche owner informs me that you can get a bigger tank fitted. I will probably keep it for two years or so so this maybe a vaiable option to have done.

Has anybody heard of this? and if so would I lose boot space?

Many thanks...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/my%20car(6).jpg

Congrats on the Porsche...can't really help regarding the fuel tanks but obviously different model must have different sizes (or you have a very cheap source of fuel). I was showing just under 1/4 full last night & still got near on £50 into the tank.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140985

Gives an extra 20 litres without taking up boot space.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141002

I wonder if that only works for LHD or 2wd cars... I'd be interested to know as a bigger tank would be good. The above pic is of a 993 btw.

Another high usage 996 C4S... I'm doing about 480 miles a week in mine, and what a great car to do it in!

I get over 320 miles out of a tank in mine before the light comes on, averaging around 28-29mpg.

The main tank is 54 litres, the reserve is 10 litres i.e. 64 litres total, but the light seems to come on well before the reserve is reached. Even at 24 mpg you should get the best part of 290 miles before you get to the last 10 litres.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back