Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lucky Boy!

David Ogle

A friend was looking for a 997 C2S at the same time as I was buying my 997. Any way he finds the ideal car at a non porsche franchised dealer. He put a deposit down on the car and popped round to show me what he had found.

Having read this forum I asked him if the car had any porsche warranty left on it and explained the reasons why. He said he didn't know but would enquire afetr the weekend.

Anyway there was no warranty left and although the dealer offered their own warranty, he stuck to his guns and asked for the price of the warranty to be knocked off the car. The dealer agreed and the car was inspected at an OPC and warrantied on Mon 30th.

Spoke to him yesterday and Tues 8th car suffered major loss of power, he limped home and parked in the garage. The car subsequently dumped all of the engine oil over the garage floor.

OPC picked it up yesterday and will advise of problem today.

I don't think I could sleep without a warranty ever again!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140606

Gosh, that's worrying for would-be 997 owners (including myself). I'd always have a warranty put on as this example shows but for a newish car, this shouldn't happen.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140653

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back