Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS clutch / flywheel fitted

Superunknown

As the title suggest, Ive just had a RS clutch / flywheel fitted and its made a huge difference! Before my clutch was heavy and I also had the occasional problem shifting into first and reverse.

Now, the clutch is light as a feather and the problem with shifting has gone! I dont know if its just me but the car feels alot more responsive and nimble too. The clamping force is huge and it seems at the moment to have only 2 states, on and off. So im still getting used to it at the moment and there is a lot of kangaroo - ing action going on when ever i start to pull off (insert joke here).

All in it cost about £1250. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138366

well done, I had a LWF and RS clutch done on my 993, it was the best mod I did, the engine was so much more responsive and the gear change smoother, get the RS engine mounts done as well they will further enhance the gear change and reduce engine movement around corners.

my RS has a LWF and clutch and it revs and picks up noticeably quicker than my old Mk2 GT3 Comfort.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139841

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 08 May 2007

my RS has a LWF and clutch and it revs and picks up noticeably quicker than my old Mk2 GT3 Comfort.
I'm getting this done and hopefully should have it back by Friday at Bedford for a shakedown.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140249

I've always liked the idea of the LWF, and was quite looking forward to having it done with my C2 when the clutch was due for a change, but I sold the car as the clutch was changed so I'll have to wait till my RS's clutch to go.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140251

Mick - surely the RS already has an RS clutch? :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140274

The Dentist RS has the fat arse lardy dual mass one as standard, the clubsport has the lean mean GT3 munching machine of a LWF with RS clutch!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140578

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back