Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel gauge

Steve Wright

Spa-Francorchamps
Car did exactly the same again tonight, I was low on fuel and had to stop and put in normal unleaded so put twenty quid in. The fuel gauge did not move from empty and the computer still said empty. Stopped at the next shell garage and it cost forty quid to fill it. This problem has occurred before.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137032

20 quid at 4.25 per gallon = 4.7 gallons
40 quid is therefore 9.4 gallons.

Total filled is therefore 15.1 gallons.

Capacity of the tank?

Address of the dealer?

Is it under warranty?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137039

Just wanted to know if it had happened to any other members. Car is due first service soon so will point out fuel gauge problem, cruies control plays up and whistle from nearside door rubber.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137041

motsly likely a fault sensor, has been known to happen, rare but can

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137044

If you get fed up I'll do you a straight swap for mine.
What colour is yours ? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137054

I dont think you would like mine its water cooled :)
Oh and its cobolt blue looks a bit like your colour.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138493

Most 4wd 996 had the same problem, if you almost empty the tank and put less than half a tank the needle will not move until you put more in.

So two choices, don't half fill you car from empty, or take it for a blast round Silverstone, the cornering will nudge the needle to it's correct position.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138496

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back