Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dash lights

Superunknown

Just a quickie,

when you switch the ignition on so that all the electrics are turned on etc, what dash lights illuminate? Should the 'check engine' light come on? Just wondering because it doesn't light up on mine and wondering whether this is normal or not?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136299

Don't think the 'check engine' light is applicable to UK cars.

Here's what I see

Oil/Fuel level guagePetrol level (orange)Screen washer level (orange)

Oil GuageExclamation mark (red)ABS (red)Brake servo (I think ???) (red)Brake pad wear (red)Handbrake on (red)Oil pressure (red)

ClockDrivers seatbelt warning (red)Battery charge (red)Spoiler (red)Fan belt (red)

Nothing on the main two dials at initial ignition position.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136329

Thanks for that, I'll check later. How can you remember all those?! Is the brake servo to do with C4's?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136335

I walked out to my car, turned the ignition on and wrote down what I could see :)

No super memory here, too much abuse of the grey cells for that.

The servo one was a guess because I know what the three other brake warnings are as the pics on the lamps are pretty obvious. This fourth one has a pic of a circular disk with some 'pads' on each side and has an explanation mark in the middle. The only thing I could think of was brake servo but actually I am not sure 964s have servo assisted brakes. Would need to look in the driver's manual but don't have that here. Have 2WD so nothing to do with C4 BTW - they might have some extra lights.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136420

it is common for there to be extra lightsd on the dash that dont come on at the start, same with the 993, there is check engine as well, but never saw it on

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136983

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back