Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collected the 911 - first impressions.

Manks

So this morning I collected my bright yellow 911 Carrera widebody.

It drives much as I had suspected, heavy to steer and brake but great fun when you give it the beans. I hate rattles and the car had only two. One was coinage in the ashtray and I suspect the other is a loose screw in the passenger side door speaker. Drives me nuts. Other than that, a very smooth and plush drive. Oh and the steering wheel is crooked, suggesting that someone only adjusted one side when doig the tracking last. Not major.

The car has been SORN for the past three years and has only recently had a new MOT. The brakes were renewed throughout including new master cyliner, discs, pads etc. But I think one of them is binding.

The single biggest problem, though, is some sort of misfire which might be caused by the heat exchangers leaking (guessing here). The engine note burbles at peak power and becomes much deeper, and though I lack any expereince of the 911 engine, my experience of other engines tells me its not right.

Once home I went through the large file of history and was delighted to find all past MOTs and bills, photos of the car when it had the wide body conversion in 1999, taken by the company doing the work.

The car was featured in a RAF recruitment campaign, painted up in red white and blue, and I have a photo of that too.

The overwhelming feeling I get is how much I got for my money. I am chuffed to bits. Bugt before I spend any money on it, I intend to get pricing for sorting out the heat exchanger and the misfire.

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135151

Bring it down to Tewkesbury tomorrow

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135220

Carl

Love to, but I am just too busy. Even the time I have had out of the office today will mean that I am flat out tomorrow.

But then I am sure your Porsche needs the cobwebs blowing out of it, and Nottingham is nice this time of year ;-)

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135228

Ok, I understand office politics awkward I know, shame though, some knowledegable people will be there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135235

Sure, I would love to come but its probably two hours away so all-in its another day out the office.

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135236

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manks on 23 April 2007

The car was featured in a RAF recruitment campaign, painted up in red white and blue, and I have a photo of that too.
Mank, would love to see that pics if possible ?

Welcome to the 911 club, VFM indeed

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135257

I have just been going through the file and I cannot find that pic. I will get hold of the seller and see if he will scan it for me.

It also featured in a double page spread of the Daily Record in Scotland.

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135345

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back