Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brief dissapointment!

David Ogle

Well after 3yrs of looking and saving Wednesday came and the arrival of my first Porsche. An 04 997 Black/Black leather tiptronic. Sat Nav, Phone module, Sun roof.

Bought it off my brother who was going to part ex it against a brand new DB9 but sold it to me at just below trade price. Here was the problem, he drove up from London in the DB9, his fiancee in the Porsche. With both sitting in the driveway it was at first difficult to take my eyes off the Aston, sitting in it on a drive with the V12 blasting was even more disconcerting, had I done the right thing?

Oh well the deal was done I thought. Thursday had to take someone to Leicester for a course, involved approx 140 mile round trip. Motorways up there, A roads back. Delighted, it is a dream come true! Last night found myself just sitting in it.

Great to join the 'club' Hope many days of happy motoring!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134210

Of course you did the right thing! 997 at just under trade and if you fancy it, you could always get your brother to insure you on the DB9 for a day - therefore you get the experience without the costs!

It's OK to windowshop but you always go home to the wife!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134213

You wont be hankering after the Aston once you've heard your brothers' reliability woes.

Unless you can afford a £100k toy it's best to stay clear of Aston and Fezza!

Welcome, you've got a great all rounder - a car for all moods!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134216

Must admit it's going to be a daily drive so I know it makes sense!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134220

David, that DB9 is a thing of beauty and even Ive got a soft spot for it.

Although I drove a Vanquish S recently, which was one of my cars to own, and it was such a disappointment in terms of driving ability compare to the 911. Far cooler than the 911 but when it comes to driving no one does it better for longer than the 911.

The 997 is a great choice, wlecome to the club.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134400

Good buy, David!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134867

Well sounds like you got a good deal David. You will really enjoy the car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134876

Had a good weekend driving and learning about the car. I have driven some quick cars before but this feels so planted on the road. The confidence it gives you is amazing, almost too much. I think I am going to need some extra driver training!

At the risk of changing the thread topic has anyone any experience of driver traing courses in the midlands/ Birmingham are.

It was definately a good choice

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134881

Wecome David..

Yes the DB9 looks a lovely car, but looks are not everything.. The 911 is a far better made car.

Welcome to the club.. If you want to get to know her better.. Why not book up for Bedford ?? Nice Track, and a nice bunch of people going !! (us lot - :wink: )

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134892

I had a 2005 DB9 for a day - loved it to begin with but an hour at the wheel and I hated it! Its a great cruiser as far as I am concerned and nothing else. Looks amazing but its not all that if you ask me.

I am sure you will get it for half price off your brother in a few years - probably with all the "new car" issues resolved. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134915

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back