Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question for PCM experts!

rickky_san

I know this topic has been debated a lot, and I’ve tried to figure out the answer from existing threads, but still not sure. Fair play to the people who’ve looked into this already. I have a MY 2002 C4 (Facelift 996, 3.6ltr) on a 51 plate I believe it has the 16bit version of PCM 1 (with the tape player) It came with a 2000-2 UK map and the PCM software version is PONA628D I get the consensus about separate sat navs being better than the PCM system, but I’d like to try and get my system half decent by getting a 2007 map for UK / Europe. My OPC say they can sell me the 2007 maps for 350 quid, but from reading forums I think I can only use official Porsche CD’s up to 2004 on the PCM 1 system. The alternative is to buy a 2007 CD from a company called Navishop in Germany, which I believe sell Vauxhall CD’s that work on 16bit PCM 1. These are about 160 Euro’s, but I’ve also read that you need a PCM software version of PONA642D for these to work, but I have no idea how to upgrade the s/w. Any advice on whether the Navishop disks will work is appreciated before I commit to buying them. Or, and I know it’s a bit cheeky to ask, but I’d be grateful if someone is prepared to burn me an ‘evaluation’ copy of their disk to try. Of course I’ll send a blank CD and return envelope. Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133834

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back