Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 4WD control... I think!

AdrianGraham2007

Hi all,I am new here so thanks for having me. Picked up my 2st 911 last week... a 1992 C4! I just love it....Quick question.... what is the little dial beside the spolier up/down control for? I am guessing it's to do with the 4WD system given the little picture beside it, but can someone tell me exactly how to use it? Also, on roughish road sometimes a little LED light comes on just above it... it this some sort of traction control kicking in??Thanks a million,Adrian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133270

Hi Adrian

Your right about the control, although i'm not sure what it does (?diff lock or something like that?) anyway I thing you only really need it if you park in snow or sand or such like.

And the little light is exactly that too, just says that your driving properly! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133308

Its the traction control! When stopped turn it to the right to engage the lock. Its for getting out of snow/sand etc. It auto switches off when you reach a certain speed. The light flashes to indicate that the system is controlling the power to the wheels when they lose traction going over bumps etc..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133311

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Will G-J on 17 April 2007

Hi Adrian

Your right about the control, although i'm not sure what it does (?diff lock or something like that?) anyway I thing you only really need it if you park in snow or sand or such like.

And the little light is exactly that too, just says that your driving properly! :wink:

next time I'm out with you that switch is staying on !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133568

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back