Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My car is back-but not for long-UPDATE

Philip1972

Imola
I picked the car up this afternoon-new gearbox,not a penny to pay-lovely. Not. Clutch is juddering like hell and reverse is VERY hard to engage. So its going back on Monday AM. Any ideas what that is?

Also washed the car for the first time since it was re-sprayed. Bad bad bad. It looks like water marks that have turned white all over it but they wont wipe off. So its going back to the body shop on Wednesday.

And to top it all, I am writing this on my new lap-top. Which is also crap. 2Gb of ram, the best processor etc and its as slow as sh*t while on the web. What the hell is all that about......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132421

Friday 13th strikes?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132422

Is it a new one with Vista? If so try Firefox

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132423

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 13 April 2007
I picked the car up this afternoon-new gearbox,not a penny to pay-lovely. Not. Clutch is juddering like hell and reverse is VERY hard to engage. So its going back on Monday AM. Any ideas what that is?

Also washed the car for the first time since it was re-sprayed. Bad bad bad. It looks like water marks that have turned white all over it but they wont wipe off. So its going back to the body shop on Wednesday.

And to top it all, I am writing this on my new lap-top. Which is also crap. 2Gb of ram, the best processor etc and its as slow as sh*t while on the web. What the hell is all that about......

It hasn't got Norton firewall et al on it has it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132424

It is Vista-its odd though as I am already using Firefox. It must be my wi-fi as its fast at my Mums (also Wi-fi). Signal stranth is full though? Any ideas why it would be slow here but fast at my Mums? Internet speeds are the same.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132426

Been on to Dell customer services. PC was slow as it had 2 sets of anti phishing sofware on. Turned those off and all is now OK.

Feeling a bit better now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132431

Water marks might need a light polish to get out. Has happened to mine in the past.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132433

Is it because the paint is new? After all, the old paint was 8 years old and didnt have those marks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132438

Update time. Car paint was acid rain from Ellesmere Port refinery. I had a look round their used cars and they were all the same. Got the after sales manager to get the valeter to sort it-they polished it and all is OK. Shame really as it means I will no longer use Chester OPC. It means a polish everytime the car goes there if it rains which is no good. The sales guy was telling me the people in a village near the refinery get free paint jobs on their cars.
They are also having the car back for the rest of this week while I am in Barcelona (seeing Pink Floyd at the stadium) so they can remove the gearbox again as I cant get reverse and the drive train is grabbing like you wouldnt believe!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133337

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 17 April 2007

Update time. Car paint was acid rain from Ellesmere Port refinery. I had a look round their used cars and they were all the same. Got the after sales manager to get the valeter to sort it-they polished it and all is OK. Shame really as it means I will no longer use Chester OPC. It means a polish everytime the car goes there if it rains which is no good. The sales guy was telling me the people in a village near the refinery get free paint jobs on their cars.They are also having the car back for the rest of this week while I am in Barcelona (seeing Pink Floyd at the stadium) so they can remove the gearbox again as I cant get reverse and the drive train is grabbing like you wouldnt believe!
Seeing Pink Floyd, you lucky B'stard. I have seen them since the momentry lapse of reason tour, god damn amazing! The wembly show was just mind blowing, in quadraphonic :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133350

That amazing about the refinery - can't believe we have never heard that before.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133367

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 17 April 2007
That amazing about the refinery - can't believe we have never heard that before.
Niether had I. Its bad though as every single used car has these horrible white stains all over it that will not come off without polishing.

I saw Pink Floyd in Magny Cours last summer too on the F1 weekend and it was truly amazing. Dark Side of the Moon in full is the second half and the first half is various tracks. Should be good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133371

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back