Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DME relay - where to fit if needed?

AdrianGraham2007

Hi there,

Been reading about the DME relay and the fact that I should carry a spare one in my 964 just incase. Where does this fit should I need to fit it? Think I will buy one,

Thanks,

Adrian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132256

I think i should carry a spare too but im not sure where it goes. I guess it will be in the fuse box under the bonnet at the back on the right. There's also a fuse box in the engine compartment on the left.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132268

Yes it goes in the front fuse box. It was the first thing I bought to carry as a spare (in addition to a couple of V-belts).

Don't bother getting one from e-bay - they're £19.99 on there yet only £17 at the OPC parts counter. And even cheaper if you get 10% PCGB discount :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132278

As for locating it within the box. Quite helpfully they often have DME stamped on them. As Boxey says get one from the OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132283

so is the front fuse box under the carpet in the bonnet... and if so, where?!

Cheers :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132286

Not under the carpet but right at the back, next to the gas strut that holds the bonnet up. Cant remember if it is on the right or left side though...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132288

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by AdrianGraham2007 on 13 April 2007

"V-belts" Boxsey... enlighten me... what belts are they?
Commonly known as fan belts. One to drive the alternator and one to drive the big cooling fan. The manual explains how to change them and the tools to do it should be in your toolkit. I believe they can be a pig to replace but I'll be finding that out for myself tomorrow.

If the cooling fan belt snaps along way from home, it would be silly to try and make it without fitting a replacement. By having a replacement in the car at least you know when you are towed into a garage that you have the right belts for them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132329

DME%20Relay%20location.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132449

Now, that is one nice clean fuse box :lol:

BTW following on from earlier post I can now say from experience that the two V-belts are straight forward to change. But moving the air-con compressor belt out of the way first, is a bitch :evil:

Since my aircon belt was also near the end of its life I decided to just cut it off for now and put a new one on at a later date :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132668

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back