Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Check Engine Light

uuf361

Daytona
:(
Mine came on this evening driving home (and gently) from Dan's. Turned the engine off a couple of times to see if it was just having a bad day but it remains on .......will have to call the OPC in the morning to see when they can have it in........hope whatever it is is covered by the warranty :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130768

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 06 April 2007 :(
Mine came on this evening driving home (and gently) from Dan's. Turned the engine off a couple of times to see if it was just having a bad day but it remains on .......will have to call the OPC in the morning to see when they can have it in........hope whatever it is is covered by the warranty :roll:

Once the CEL comes on it doesn't go off unless you disconnect the battery for a few mins. It's more than likely going to be a dirty MAF, your OPC will try and charge you for a new one even though it's stated in the Warranty handbook, they'll say 'wear and tear'.

Two choices.....

1. Clean the MAF with electronics/carb cleaner, a quick spray, leave to dry. Disconnect the battery and a few mins later reconnect.

2. Buy the spare part from EuroCarParts, on a 3.6 996 (non GTx/Turbo) it'll have a 986 part number.

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130774

Both coil pack and MAF are covered by warranty and those are the most likely culprits.

When the engine light flashes you are really in trouble!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130796

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 07 April 2007
Both coil pack and MAF are covered by warranty and those are the most likely culprits.

Good luck with getting your MAF and coil pack on the warranty, OPC Solihull have wriggled out of that one on more than one occasion claiming wear and tear!

Flashing CEL? What do you think that means?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130831

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 07 April 2007

Previous poster said:

Good luck with getting your MAF and coil pack on the warranty, OPC Solihull have wriggled out of that one on more than one occasion claiming wear and tear!Flashing CEL? What do you think that means?
They did mine no questions asked and I set it off at the Ring!

I don't know about the flashing, but I was asked by the OPC if mine was flashing, when I said they wasn't they said drive it in.

When it flashes I think there is a fault occuring at the time. On means a fault has occurred. Therefore if it is flashing you are getting multiple failures.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130833

Well, just back from the OPC.........................................and with my wallet fully intact :D :eek:

They are not convinced what is wrong at the moment, either the oxygen sensors, or some contaminate fuel (I use Tesco 99 mostly). They've reset the lights, told me to use up the fuel in the tank, put some new stuff in and see what happens. If it doesn't repeat was probably a small amount of contaminated fuel, if it comes back on then new oxygen sensors (which I would hope would be covered under warranty).........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130839

One I haven't heard of - but glad it hasn't cost you anything.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130842

Previous poster said:

One I haven't heard of - but glad it hasn't cost you anything.
Yet......................................fingers crossed..................still running fine too, but there was no discernible loss of power or anything different when the light was on...I did try it on the way down this morning just to check............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130849

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back