Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

tracker

Vishal

How do you know the tracker in my car is working? I bought C4S 52 plate with tracker. Did anybody go for tracker check at all?(dead battery???)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130172

If it is a Monitor, you should just be able to call Tracker and ask for confirmation of GPS signal. If it is, you will still have to get them to come out and check if it is working.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130174

As SP says ring the supplier they should be able to advise

What tracker is it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130175

I called to activate a Tracker Retrieve on another car. They said they would check that there was a signal from their operations room, and sent me all the paperwork. There is a registration fee and an annual sub, which is quite alot. Establish with your Insurance company first whether they will offer a discount for tracker. Mine didn't which was annoying having shelled out for the re-registration.

Why would they need to come out to check if its working? Surely if its working they'd know??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130183

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 04 April 2007

I called to activate a Tracker Retrieve on another car. They said they would check that there was a signal from their operations room, and sent me all the paperwork. There is a registration fee and an annual sub, which is quite alot. Establish with your Insurance company first whether they will offer a discount for tracker. Mine didn't which was annoying having shelled out for the re-registration.

Why would they need to come out to check if its working? Surely if its working they'd know??

Strangely when I bought my 996tt a couple of weeks ago it had a Navtrak system in it (allegedly) though it wasnt active. I spoke to Navtrak and they wasnted £30.00 just to get the provider to check whether they cpould reconnect it or not. After consideration I cjhose to have anew ADR system instal;led as I thought it had been fantastic in my M3. When the fitter installed it he tld me someone had already taken the old system out as he couldnt find the control unit in any of the usual places!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130184

It is tracker a monitor. So I will ask for GPS signal and let you know.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130234

So Poo is right.

I phoned tracker-(after several attempts got through) and they confirm GPS signal from the tracker is active. So stay put.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135633

more in vestigating is required as i recently ran out of fuel- AA disconected battery during his investigation telling me alternator had failed. towed my love home- whilst we had fantastic dinner as planned- car fine next morn as wife explained she did not fuel her up and pocketed £50 in the bargain. ... point is... i should have recieved call from tracker who i pay £130 per year ,they say i did not cotact them? will some one work this out for us?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135700

If you arent using the tracker, its best to disconnect all wires. The batteries only last 3-5yrs and when they go, they can short and cause a large drain on your main battery. My car had a very old Navtrak system in it under the seat, which I didnt know about until it killed 2 batteries, set the alarm off every night at 02:00 and generally hacked me off. Car also had a Tracker Monitor in it, which I paid to register in my name.

Note that Tracker are now owned by Private Equity so whereas they used to replace batteries for free after 4yrs, they now charge for the visit. Same reason they have less call centre staff, its more efficient that way.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135706

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rich mortimer on 25 April 2007

more in vestigating is required as i recently ran out of fuel- AA disconected battery during his investigation telling me alternator had failed. towed my love home- whilst we had fantastic dinner as planned- car fine next morn as wife explained she did not fuel her up and pocketed £50 in the bargain. ... point is... i should have recieved call from tracker who i pay £130 per year ,they say i did not cotact them? will some one work this out for us?
Rich - Tracker only call you if you have the Tracker Monitor. If it is the standard Tracker, then you have to call them to say you car has been stolen. You will not get movement alerts.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135726

iam 99% sure i have tracker monitor as the sales pitch i was given told me if the car moved a few yards with out the keys in ignition i would recieve a call to my nominated number. iam trying to chase this up....giving tony blair a call would be simpler as they dont answer the phone unless your calling accounts to pay the subscription?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136533

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back