Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Covers for my nwe baby/new drive/ramps

John W Jones

Picked up my first 911 on Friday.......................spent three days last weekend clearing out the garage.............now to my horror I can't get her in!!

The front valence(996 C4S 02/02) scrapes as I come down as we have a sloping drive and then a dip before the flat floor of the garage.

I am in total despair!!!

Has anyone suffered a similar problem?

In the meantime I am thinking

1.Metal ramps similar to those for loading a transporter

2.Car covers.How much do I need to spend and what sort and recommendations

A BIG SHOUT FOR HELP!!!

John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129601

my GT3 front splitter scratches badly as I pull on to the road from our drive, I wouldnt let it worry you, unless it is so bad that it is ripping it off the car

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129617

Car covers seem to have a pretty mixed response from what I can gather, so I would try and get it in the garage, espec as it also keeps prying eyes/fingers away from your pride and joy.

Could you not get the drive gently reshaped to even out the curve to the garage? - I had to do that at the top of my drive where it met the pavement for similar reasons, espec after I nearly ripped the exhaust off a Honda S2000 I was test-driving :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129628

Could you reverse in? Rear overhang may clear better.

Covers... you need to get a breathable waterproof one, and only cover it when the car is clean/dry.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129640

I had this problem with my previous 911. I ended up laying down thick rubber mats just before the garage lip. This way the front of the car was lifted up by just enough to stop it scraping.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129654

Well I tried reversing this afternoon with some guidance!!!We almost made it and it bodes well for a possible realignment/relaying the drive with a drainaway just before the door .I managed to bring her down almost to the front door where the slope is less severe.The garage is a double to the right of the front door.

If this can be replicated by the garage then we're in.

Will keep you posted on develpments

Will post a photo soon

John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129707

Hi John

Cannot give any advice, but happy to meet up as you are in Cardiff and talk Porsche.

Agree with what is stated, has to go in garage you will sleep better at night.,

Cheers Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130897

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back