Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats the price difference....

"
Personally love to buy a brand new 997 Turbo, GT3, M6, AM Vantage however I am happier to wait and own one during it 3
rd
year of life and it therefore cost me about half the money to own it during it’s 1
st
year."

That's why I didn't go for a new one when I bought mine, personally for me it wasn't worth the hit. If you look at the prices, you can pick up 04/54 C2s's for around 55k, knowing that the car was worth about 75k new. That's about 20k loss within the first 3 years, nearly 7k loss per year from new.

Jag

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129542

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jag on 02 April 2007

That's why I didn't go for a new one when I bought mine, personally for me it wasn't worth the hit. If you look at the prices, you can pick up 04/54 C2s's for around 55k, knowing that the car was worth about 75k new. That's about 20k loss within the first 3 years, nearly 7k loss per year from new.
True for buying them, but the dealers are only offering approx £48K for these cars, so people are actually losing closer to £27K in 3 years - if you trade them in
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/scared.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129552

My experience of buying 'new' cars has led me to the conclusion that the 'new car feeling' is lovely, i.e. the pleasure of speccing as you want it, then being the first person to put miles on a pristine car.

However, this feeling soon passes, and is outweighed quickly by the annoyance of the first stone chip etc. It then becomes a used car, and you watch the value plummeting monthly.

Better in my view to buy a nice used example, and bask in the warm glow of saving £thousands unless you really can afford to lose the money. Regardless of whether you can though doesn't make it feel any better.

According to Chris's figures, £27k seems like a lot of money to give to Porsche AG for the privilege of speccing a new 911 as you want it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129567

INMHO

Avoid C4 & C4S

They dont look any different to a C2, no one notices the slightly larger arches, they cost a load more

I get offered more C4S with mega spec's that 12 months old are more than a new C2S

I think Porsche have got it wrong as its not got the turbo body

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129572

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 02 April 2007

INMHO

Avoid C4 & C4S

They dont look any different to a C2, no one notices the slightly larger arches, they cost a load more

I get offered more C4S with mega spec's that 12 months old are more than a new C2S

I think Porsche have got it wrong as its not got the turbo body
But what if you want 4wd?

Could the reason you get offered more be because they are more desirable to most people new, and so Porsche sell a lot more of them?

I for one have not owned a 2WD car for 10 years now - and have no intention of going back to one in the foreseable future - we don't all buy cars just because they have flared wheelarches you know :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129578

Having said this I bought my truck new, the main reason being was not the ability to spec it, but that I knew it had not been abused (before I started abusing it!).

I think this would be the same for some people buying a Porsche. They want to know that no one has been driving round in first at 6500rpm all the time.

I know this is why the Mother-in-law bought new.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129588

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ian_uk on 26 March 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 26 March 2007

[All this crap about 911's holding their money is twadle.
It wasn't traddle in it's time it's just 10 years out of date. When Porsche only made relatively few cars it was perfecty true.997, 996, Boxster and Cayman will follow the same rules as any other make now. 997s are likely to depreciate about 40% over three years if you take trade price.Ian.

We will see the price of ALL Porsche RHD models start to firm over the coming year as Porsche GB / Porsche AG has decided to restrict the number of new cars they bring into the UK market. They say its because they have had many complaints about poor residuals.

IMO its more about complaining OPC's wanting to keep their OPC Stealers margins nice and fat! And, I have heard the new 'import quota' story from a few sources over the last couple of weeks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129750

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jag on 02 April 2007

True for buying them, but the dealers are only offering approx £48K for these cars, so people are actually losing closer to £27K in 3 years - if you trade them in
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/scared.gif
......"

All ture however it only 2007 and so most of these care are only 2 to 2.5 years old :eek:
so more like £12k a year -

Saying all that, I am back in the market for one - Sttu you have pm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132698

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back