Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Blue GT2 For Sale - Buyer beware

David Hawkings

Silverstone
Interesting thread on PH regarding a blue 02 GT2 thats advertised on Ebay and Autotrader. There has been a discussion going on between the origonal owner and a new poster regarding the extent of the damage sustained. NOTE this car has not been officially written off!

Post below confirms the extent of the damage.....

spoke to Andy Fearns about this blue GT2, as I happened to be talking to him for other reasons. He saw this car post-crash (and has photos) and said it was completely f***ed, with the shell badly twisted at the rear (both rear chassis legs kinked). He and his people can properly repair some quite badly damaged cars, but he said this one was not worth repairing. I think the best quote was "the car hit the tree so hard that one rear intercooler was actually full of wood". He reckoned that the engine/box and diff were all badly damaged and that it might even have needed a new crank. Given the GT2s/GT3s I know of that have been repaired, to do this legitimately would have cost at least £30k and almost certainly more. Any buyer should do their own research, but I'd be wanting to completely check every part of it and if it really was ok, then I'd be spending a lot of time looking at the chassis numbers
wink.gif

By way of comparison, this car:

cost 62,000 euros at Manthey to repair and it's not damaged that badly..........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127227

BUying a GT2 is a tricky business - thanks for the info.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127230

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back