Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Price for a Millenium 996

Bubbles

Imola
Hi all,

Interested in your views on the millenium special edition.

1. Is the colour as hideous as the Rover and Nissan 'flip' paint jobs?

2. Realistic price for (a)71k from a dealer (Camerons) (b) 35k private sale (Ebay) assuming condition on both is as good as can be expected.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127191

hi Bubbles...

I bought my millenium in December...just before 996 prices dropped (typical) - its basically a C4 Tip..with all the goodies...so I checked it against C4 prices...maybe add alittle but not too much, I paid £1k more than a basic (no extras) C4, mine has full history, and passed the OPC.

the colour flip is not as harsh as the nissan one..cant say ive seen the Range Rover one.. this is very subtle... it looks black in the dull light, when its sunny it looks a lush deep dark purple and only from certain angles it looks green....definetly worth a look at.

what price is the one youre look at on for? and what number out of 911 is it?

NOTE: when I bought mine, the garage ordered me some touch up paint and took 2 months.. not sure if they were stringing me along but they said it was special order. The guy also mentioned that the paint is factory order and cost nearly double normal Porsche paint (could be untrue)...just thought i'd mention it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127320

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Adit on 23 March 2007

NOTE: when I bought mine, the garage ordered me some touch up paint and took 2 months.. not sure if they were stringing me along but they said it was special order. The guy also mentioned that the paint is factory order and cost nearly double normal Porsche paint (could be untrue)...just thought i'd mention it.

if its a flip paint then it will cost an obscene amount

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127322

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 23 March 2007

Hi all,

2. Realistic price for (a)71k from a dealer (Camerons) (b) 35k private sale (Ebay) assuming condition on both is as good as can be expected.

Difficult on the price, I would go for £35K and £40K. £43 K for one with around 20K miles. Problem is you don't see that many.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127328

Looks like prices are better than expected. The car at Camerons (arriving monday) has done 71k and will be up for£27k.

http://www.cameronsportscars.co.uk/items/128?back=%2Fstock

The Ebay car has only done 34.5k and the guy says he can px against his new car but is looking for more privately, seems a reasonable thing to be honest...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170092530987&rd=1&rd=1

Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to £35k (wife has a severe handbag habit) but both of these might be possible and a great first 911.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127415

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 23 March 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 23 March 2007

Hi all,

Difficult on the price, I would go for £35K and £40K. £43 K for one with around 20K miles. Problem is you don't see that many.

Think you're about £10k too high there!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127424

The wheels are awful IMO and I belive cost fortunes should they need refurbing

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127426

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 24 March 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 23 March 2007

Previous poster said:

Think you're about £10k too high there!
Oops - was giving prices for the 40 year anniversary model. Sorry guys.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127433

just had a look at the ebay one...and its a manual?? I was under the impression that the millenium came in one model & spec....a C4 Tip!

Also I'm with 917k...the wheels arn't that great...when I first saw my car, the chrome wheels were in a state, basically the garage was having problems getting them re-chromed....so I got him to change the wheels for me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127456

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Adit on 24 March 2007

just had a look at the ebay one...and its a manual?? I was under the impression that the millenium came in one model & spec....a C4 Tip!

Also I'm with 917k...the wheels arn't that great...when I first saw my car, the chrome wheels were in a state, basically the garage was having problems getting them re-chromed....so I got him to change the wheels for me.
And I thought the Milleniums were loaded C2's :?

Tip and manual versions.

Loaded run out model as all pre-face lift.

I've seen several priced between £32K - £35K at dealers over the past 18 months. Crdifords had one recently asking £32K+ from memory but for some reason it did nothing for me. No idea why because I like the colour combination. Probably just not as clean an interior as I'd want.

I'd expect one with 71K to be priced much lower.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127460

Oh and be careful of the misrepresented one's out there. Came accross one on Autotrader that was clearly anythin but a Millenium.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127461

Also if its a flip colour, the bodywork repairs i.e paint wll cost a considerable amount more too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127501

I thought the milleniums were painted in Vesuvius, which is a lovely purply grey. Looks great.

I agree the smoke chrome wheels are a bit bling. Sometimes the interiors are a bit tacky too, with lots of ruffled leather and wood, but each to their own.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128178

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back