Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Baby Seat in a 964

AdrianGraham2007

Hi all, I have a few questions but I will post the unrelated ones in separate posts so keep the forum more searchable. Has anyone fitted a baby seat in a 964? I am selling my Honda S2000 for a 964 as I never use the 2 seater. I have heard you can out a little person in the back on a 964 but... anyone done it? From what age of child upwards?

If you need a special seat, where can you get them?

Thanks,

Adrian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124860

You should do a quick search, there have been loads of threads on this subject, even suggested recently that a separte forum should be created for the subject.

The quick answer is yes, from 9 months on in a forward facing seat. From 9 months to about 3yrs (18Kg) use the Porsche Prince, Romer Prince seats.

Porsche prince no longer available, seem to change hands on ebay for £200, Romer prince can still be got from Peogot/Mercedes for about £90.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124864

There is plenty of room in the back of a 964 for kiddies.

A 6ft friend of mine even sat in the back of my 3.2

The problems with child seats are the position of the seat belt clasp, and the narrow width of the seat bucket.

There are seats that fit, as said above the Prince is good. However, it doesn't do up in the same way as you might be used to- i.e. kiddywink is held in place by a sort of table thing, through which the belt is fed. It is not a tight fit, it wobbles around, and instead works with the inertia reel in the event of a crash. It passed all the German TUV stuff so is perfectly safe and secure, just different.

Have a search on this site, and try Quickfit SBS nr london for advice.
http://www.quickfitsbs.co.uk/

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124874

Has anyone fitted a Baby seat in a 964 with a 2point point seat bely system in the back. All the seat I have seen are designed for 3 point seat belts.

Simon

964 C4 LHD

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133812

I gave up in the end trying to find a suitable seat, we mainly use a golf for my daughter with a fixed maxicosi tobi, I bought a maxicosi priori for the front of my 964, very easy and light to fit as and when you need it.
I was quite worried about head clearance etc in the back of the car so took this as an option.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133886

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by simon yap on 18 April 2007

Has anyone fitted a Baby seat in a 964 with a 2point point seat bely system in the back. All the seat I have seen are designed for 3 point seat belts.

Simon

964 C4 LHD

the Porsche baby seat fits, did you try one or another brand ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133891

The Porsche Prince, or similar Romer seat used by other marques are designed to be used with lap belts. They'll fit the rear of 964/993, often come up for sale on e-bay

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133901

Thanks for the advice, I will start the search...

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134269

I have just bought this one of ebay and fitted it tonight including the new longer seat belt in less than half an hour tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220102547500&rd=1&rd=1

Very nice seat and should be plenty of room for my lad. It's a Mamas and Papas Protec and seems near enough new. There is no way it would have fit without the longer seat belt though, so you'd defo need one, certainly for the 964 anyway, and I'm guessing the 993 too as I seem to have bought this off a 993 owner.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136063

Thanks... so is the longer seat belt a permanent fitting or just a snap on/off extension? Thanks a mil, Adrian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137811

The one I have is a permanent fitting. It is just a longer version of what is already fitted, so you have to take the parcel shelf out and unbolt the existing belt and bolt in the new longer one. It took me a maximum of 10 minutes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138069

I got mine with the seat off ebay, but you can get the longer belt from
www.porscheshop.co.uk
for about £23 including VAT and postage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138742

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back