Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Avoid 964's with lower mileage!?

AdrianGraham2007

Hi again. Thanks for all the advice so far. I am looking at buying a 964 Porsche and was told by you people to go on condition rather then price. I was also told to go for something with the known 964 problems (like oil leaks) fixed so I am not buying into something that I will have work to do on. I am seeing some lower mileage (60k) ones for sale but when I call the owners they say "I have never had oil leaks so have never had anything done about them". Would you believe this to be true?? What I mean is.... do ALL 964s have oil leaks etc or is it possible that some do not? If I bought something with only a standard service history (and no maintenance done on clutch, flywheel, leaks etc) would that be a bad idea?? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mil,
Adrian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124857

well 15-19 years later if it hasnt leaked then it never will, but never say never

but it would be expected that the fix for the design fault causing the oil leaks would have been done by the owner

a 60k car could be at the end of it's clutch/flyweight etc

find the best car you can afford or want to afford and experience a 911

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124965

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back