Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

finally.....

Tim Storey

Suzuka
got round to buying an induction kit. K&N with cone type filter, claimed 23BHP on the 996 (hmmm not totally convinced but hey...), mainly i'm hoping for some improvement in the sound which whilst good doesn't quite match the standard 993 sound (had one on loan for a few weeks from a friend of mine "want to borrow it to keep it running while i sell it Tim?"... "hmmm let me think about this...")

So question for the experts, the muffler bypass vs new boxes, any improvement in power from a more free flowing exhaust or simply a better sound? And of course the obvious question, any point or is the replacement back box just so much more worthwhile?

Ta

Tim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124391

Tim - I have the RSRs from Carnewal. Carnewal basically modify the interior of standard mufflers (save 2-3kg per muffler) .They give a better sounds and the car revs slightly better. Can't say I have noticed any performance change. They don't sound as raspy as the PSE, give more of a 993 rumbling effect IMO. For £300 they are not a bad option.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124398

Hmmm just listened to the sound file on there and it is a noticeable difference/improvement over standard. Would a muffler bypass (~£80) not have the same effect though?

Other option is the designtek back boxes which claim 8-10 hp for ~£600.

getting excited about induction kit though :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124422

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back