Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning 996 Sports seat backs

Robertb

Yas Marina
The sports seat backs in my 996 are painted with a sort of soft rubbery paint. They look a bit marked, and wondering if anyone had tried anything which can improve the look of them?

Thanks

R.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121946

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 04 March 2007
The sports seat backs in my 996 are painted with a sort of soft rubbery paint. They look a bit marked, and wondering if anyone had tried anything which can improve the look of them?
Thanks
R.

Get them sprayed body coloured!

I do know what you mean, I have the exact same colour spec as yourself. When you say marked, do you mean that the rubberised paint has been scuffed off leaving a little black mark?

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121952

I'd love to do pics, but never managed it :(

They're not scuffed back to the black, just marked a bit where they have been rubbed.

Daft finish if you ask me- proper paint like on the 993 hard shell seats would be much better. Body-colour refinishing is not a bad idea...

Damian- we should get our cars together sometime for a "twins" photo shoot!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122007

Try some Meguirs Quik Interior detail spray - might do the trick if the marks are not too bad ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122047

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back