Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The new silver?

Agee that the GT3 looks lovely in white, I dont think the standard car works though (though it may in the flesh)

Some 911s look good in white some dont, 3.2s look good, 964s look good, 993s look terrible(except GT2s), 996s look ok with bodykit etc.

Dont think I've ever seen a white Boxster (and dont think I'd like it0 but its all about opinions

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121001

White is waaaayyyyyy cool, however all the numnuts in my office are talking about how sh*te my new Porsche is, they are all saying it looks boy racer(ish) :eek:

They think I should get my silver one back :p :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121008

Sounds like a change of office is called for. No point working with heathens.

Especially with such a subtle choice of car 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121012

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 27 February 2007

Agee that the GT3 looks lovely in white, I dont think the standard car works though (though it may in the flesh)

Some 911s look good in white some dont, 3.2s look good, 964s look good, 993s look terrible(except GT2s), 996s look ok with bodykit etc.

Dont think I've ever seen a white Boxster (and dont think I'd like it0 but its all about opinions
Boxsters look well cool in white.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121042

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by kim hollamby on 26 February 2007

Fine if you live in Dubai.

I am in Dubai at the moment and there are a lot fewer white ones around than in Riyhad or Bahrain. I saw a white GT3 + US rear bumpers the other day in Saudi and it looked awful as I think does the example Dave has posted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121061

I just ordered a new Turbo, white/black combination, with exterior colored seatbacks and white Turbo logo on the back of the car. and also white wheels too! I think its gonna be fantastic!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129955

Agree with some of the comments being made here. I like the 997 GT3 in white - a plain 997 doesn't do it for me - not enough black bits to offset the white as on the GT3. Similarly, a Candy White MkV Golf GTI looks good.

Poon - do people in your office know what it is you are actually driving? From the sounds of it they don't. I have only ever seen one 996 GT3 RS (in Nth London) a couple of years ago and it looked amazing. I don't fancy much the lurid colour schemes that the 997 GT3 RS come in......

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130138

Maxie, they haven't a clue! thankfully.

i agree about the 997 RS colour scheme, until I can afford an Orange one of course :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130148

I want a white 997 TT (at some point) and really wanted a Candy white Golf GTI until I came to my senses and bought a Golf Diesel instead which was much harder to find (and looked less impressive) in White.............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130164

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 04 April 2007

I want a white 997 TT (at some point) and really wanted a Candy white Golf GTI until I came to my senses and bought a Golf Diesel instead which was much harder to find (and looked less impressive) in White.............
My Anniversary Golf is a TDI - fantastic car and almost 45mpg when you are belting it - more if you are not!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130195

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back